Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grave Knight
    replied
    Entangle is so OP. A shame that when I tell people who OP it really is they don't believe me.

Leave a comment:

• Ogre Mage
    commented on 's reply
    Interesting. I recently hit heroic rank and have gotten tremendous use out of telekinesis. In contrast, the SWADE version of bolt was very good at novice rank but since then it has become underwhelming and is not used much. I actually find it is more pp efficient to spend 5 pp on telekinesis and smash or drop enemies from a great height for 5 rounds rather than throwing bolt after bolt.

• Ndreare
    commented on 's reply
    Oh, bummer.
    That sounds lame. I think I would be annoyed if the GM did not allow my d6 strength air flows to bring me cups of coffee or lift small objects.
    I think I would go so far as to say your dealing with an adversarial GM and it just not being worth playing with at a certain point.
    Should players just use combat options to do everything?

• ValhallaGH
    commented on 's reply
    Ndreare Elemental manipulation has some firm limits and a lot of discretionary room.
    Unfortunately, every GM I have played with does not want to let EM be as flexible as the text implies it can be. For reasons I was not allowed to lift stuff with my d6 / d8 Strength, to move things that were not dirt / flame / water, to do creative actions including Tests. It reads incredibly well but in play I have yet to be impressed.

• Ndreare
    commented on 's reply
    I am curious why you find elemental manipulation to fall flat? To me TK is obviously over priced but I always found elemental manipulation the perfect "cantrip" or casual power and the ability to inflict the casual 1d6 energy damage when needed is cool as well.
    (Though admittedly I do treat it to free to use in most of the games I run.)

• ValhallaGH
    replied
    Protection is probably my favorite. It is really cheap (1 PP), easy to scale up (additional armor), and can be useful in any setting (by making it Toughness).
    Entangle is fantastic for offense or defense / escape. And the fact that it just works (if only briefly) is amazing.
    Bolt, like table salt, is an underappreciated staple. It is flexible, cheap, generally effective, and works in most combat situations; most people overlook it but when it is not available, the lack is noticeable.

There are a few powers that read amazing but play underwhelming. For me, these are boost/lower Trait, elemental manipulation, environmental protection, and telekinesis.

Leave a comment:

• Ndreare
    commented on 's reply
    I like boost/lower trait.
    As a player and game master I feel like boost/lower trait and elemental manipulation can be used to represent the character who know a bunch of minor spells.

• JmOz01
    replied
    My favorite/hated (yes, same one) is definitely boost trait

Leave a comment:

• Ndreare
    replied
    Originally posted by ZenFox42 View Post
    I read a post by someone else who said Entangle with all the modifiers was their group's "screw this, I'm done with this encounter" move.
    It is a highly effective way of preparing an exodus.

Leave a comment:

• ZenFox42
    replied
    I read a post by someone else who said Entangle with all the modifiers was their group's "screw this, I'm done with this encounter" move.

Leave a comment:

• Deskepticon
    replied
    I'm surprised no one has *touched* upon intangibility yet.

Leave a comment:

• SeeleyOne
    replied
    You might say that we have a blast with Blast.

Leave a comment:

• SeeleyOne
    replied
    Those are some good choices. I will add Teleport. It is handy to get places, including avoiding having to withdraw, and can get you out of Entangle (especially if you do not have to use gestures).

My group really likes Blast.

Leave a comment:

• Mogge
    replied
    Havoc has to be a favourite of mine as well. You can really wreck some havoc with that power if the environment allows it. Ie fighting on a bridge, near a cliff etc.

Leave a comment:

• Ndreare
    replied
    My favorites are Havoc and Entangle. The lack of a resistance roll makes these great support powers. With these powers a character does not need to be able to injure an opponent, instead they can set them up for the next player in line to do what is needed.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X