Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a Necropolis SWADE Conversion Guide?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a Necropolis SWADE Conversion Guide?

I apologize if this is in the wrong forum but was wondering if there is a conversion guide that anyone is aware of for Necropolis.

I have always wanted to run this game/campaign but reading it over looks like it might take some work to get it to swade. I did the usual simple google search for conversion guides but my google-fu is not that strong.

Also, on a side note-it still looks like they are producing PC guides for the game still but i don't see a conversion guide on their home page.

Are any of you aware of a guide or what have you done for those that are running it? Thanks!

Necropolis is a lot of products from a lot of publishers. Can you be more specific?

Comment

Oh absolutely - the one I'm referring to is Triple Ace Games Necropolis 2350.

https://www.tripleacegames.com/brands/necropolis-2350/

Comment

The Handbooks go back about 3-4 years so pre-SWADE.

Comment

Originally posted by Nostromo View Post
          I apologize if this is in the wrong forum but was wondering if there is a conversion guide that anyone is aware of for Necropolis.
          Sadly, not.
          Wiggy suffered some serious health problems right about the same time Adventure Edition was coming out, and he seems to have been the main force for TAG sticking with their sci-fi / world war / zombie apocalypse mash-up setting.

That said, it works pretty well as-is. The Rephaim all have a feature that makes them take half damage from piercing attacks, allowing the waves of zombie soldiers to trudge through withering gunfire and still reach the heroes' trench in enough numbers to be a real fight. Given the large number of allied extras under the party's control, that takes some impressive durability.

The various "handbooks" are akin to 40K chapter books - providing specific information, and a few additional rules, for the specific and specialized chapters of the church.

I have not looked at running Necropolis 2350 since Adventure Edition came out, but there should not be a lot of material that needs to be rewritten.
          I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

Thanks Valhalla--you continue to be wise and super helpful (as always!). I did a quick read through Necropolis lately and it looks like the edges would need a lot of work but i could be wrong--ill go take another look, thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X