Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWADE conversion for SPC2

Hello there,

I was wondering if there is an official update for SPC2 ?

I was particularly thinking about the extensive use of Attributes in SPC2 powers (for example Mind Reading and Energy Control which use Smarts) but the new paradigm of SWADE has changed and now Attributes are primarily passive.

How this is going to change for SPC2 ? Use of some new Skills ? Use of existing Skills ?

Thanks for your answers

We should expect a new version of the SPC entirely, as well as the other companions, within the next year or so.

Comment

Hello.
      Originally posted by Trismegiste View Post
      I was wondering if there is an official update for SPC2 ?
      As werenimal said, we don't have a date but we are expecting a completely new Super Powers Companion. Along with a Fantasy Companion, a Horror Companion, a Science Fiction Companion, and a Martial Arts Companion. Hopefully all within the next two years.
      I haven't seen any updates since the general "these are the companions we have in the pipeline" messages and that one Q&A stream where they mentioned that big chunks of Savage Pathfinder will be similar to the Fantasy Companion.

Originally posted by Trismegiste View Post
      I was particularly thinking about the extensive use of Attributes in SPC2 powers (for example Mind Reading and Energy Control which use Smarts) but the new paradigm of SWADE has changed and now Attributes are primarily passive.

How this is going to change for SPC2 ? Use of some new Skills ? Use of existing Skills ?
      The short answer is that we do not know.

I suspect that the SPC will have a couple of "arcane skills" highlighted for things that are not already mundane skills (Fighting, Shooting, Electronics / Hacking, etc.). Similar to how the Super Sorcery power uses the Spellcasting skill.
      However, PEG may stick with the "using these abilities is instinctual" design and continue using Attributes for a lot of powers. That doesn't really mesh with most superhero fiction (just about every character has a 'learn to use my powers' montage), but it meshes with player expectations.
      I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

Originally posted by ValhallaGH View Post
        That doesn't really mesh with most superhero fiction (just about every character has a 'learn to use my powers' montage), but it meshes with player expectations.
        Indeed
        Anyway, thank you

Comment

Working...
        X