Statting incendiary swarm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Statting incendiary swarm?

Hey all! This is my first post, new member! I hope this is the correct forum for this subject.

I have a character idea, and I'm working on equipment. In SyFy's Killjoys S1E2 (I think), the protagonist sets loose (drops) a set of small incendiary balls that open legs, then scamper to the target and explode. This is a self-guided swarm, and the incendiary damage from all the balls together is probably similar to a grenade. I'm not sure what that means in the rules of SW, and how it would be statted?

Welcome to the forum!

Do you mean bead drones?
    Basically a bunch of guided grenades.

I'd probably make it a concealable grenade with Range 10/20/40, Damage 3d6, RoF 1, and a note that it is incendiary (can set things on fire, per the Fire rules, page 127).
    Edit: MBT. Which should be obvious from "grenade" but I have been reminded that what is "obvious" to my brain is not immediately apparent to others. My apologies.
    Last edited by ValhallaGH; 05-19-2020, 12:16 PM.
    I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

I don't think the Swarm rules (as the creature) are appropriate since the drones essentially explode once and that's it. They are more likely some type of guided grenade, as Valhalla mentioned. The stats he provided work for a single drone. If you want to unleash a "swarm," I would probably add a few points of Armor Penetration and have the damage affect a Blast Template, as befitting the number of drones unleashed.

Comment

The only thing I can add to the "just use a grenade" like suggestions above is make the activation roll based on Electronics or the like as opposed to Athletics (Throwing) as you would a regular grenade.

I might, might, suggest building a Weird Scientist character and use the Bolt or Blast powers instead of buying fresh grenades every time if you see this as a tactic your character uses often, with new powers coming not necessarily from building your own gadgets but from buying new things from the catalogue.

Comment

Working...
        X