Building non-magic devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building non-magic devices

So I'm running an SWD Necessary Evil campaign, and one of the PC's wants to build a specialized non-magical "flamethrower" from scratch. Are there any official or unofficial guidelines/rules about how to do such a thing?
    Savage Summaries-RAW, with added info from Clint:Combat Actions,Cover,Healing,Using Powers,Grappling,Chases
    Also:Persuasion,Better Bosses,Better Combat Rating
    And:historical tech levels,generic SW sci-fi tech levels

He's trying to build a piece of gear out of scrounged and repurposed parts? There aren't any core rules for it, but you can improvise something fairly easily.
    Sounds like a crafting encounter using mainly Repair. What kind of encounter will depend upon how much you want to focus on it.

I'd probably use a Staged Quick Encounter, with the first stage for scroungin' parts and the second for actually building the device.
    You could instead use a Dramatic Task, a modified Mass Battle, or just a simple Repair roll and a "reasonable" amount of time.
    I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

In the past, I've called for Dramatic Tasks to build things, but the idea of using Quick Encounters is intriguing. I know you said you're running Deluxe, but the framework for QEs would work just fine in that ruleset.

For improvised, one-time use devices, check out SWADE's version of McGyver. It's concise and is easily ported over into Deluxe as well.
      Last edited by Deskepticon; 05-18-2020, 03:06 AM. Reason: Typo (thanks ValhallaGH for catching this)

Comment

Working...
      X