50 fathoms swade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50 fathoms swade

was considering getting 50 fathoms, but I don't want to buy the book if they are going to make a swade version, does any one know

Never say never, but if you are holding out for the SWADE version, you will probably be waiting a loooong time. They are a small company (only 2.5 full-time people) and have way too much already in the pipeline that we know about as it is. While they just recently put out a post-PPC mini campaign for the setting which is written for SWADE, I think you'll find that the free conversion guide they put out is sufficient to run it and waiting for an update isn't really necessary. If anything, the fact that they put out a conversion guide is a pretty good indication that they won't be updating anytime soon.

Comment

that's what I thought, just wanted a second opinion

Comment

There are at least two threads on this forum about converting 50F to SWADE (drop a search), and then there is the official update doc available for free from PEG's main site. Between those sources, you should be more than equipped to run the setting in Adventure Edition.

Comment

I have the original hardcover of 50 Fathoms. Other than colour art, is there anything I'm missing by not having the deluxe version?

Comment

Several minor rules changes, an additional PPC, and a volume that's handier to carry around.
            Maybe some others, but nothing that leapt out at me.
            Edit: Right! I was silly and forgetful. Go see mac40k post.
            Last edited by ValhallaGH; 05-11-2020, 03:21 PM.
            I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

The deluxe version combined the stuff from the original hardback with the stuff from the 50 Fathoms Companion, so in addition to a second PPC that can be run concurrent with (or instead of) the other one, you get new Edges/Hindrances/Gear/Ships/Magic Items/Creatures, an expanded Gazeteer, and additional Savage Tales (which along with the expanded Gaz give you things to do in locations that got little or no coverage in the original book). If you only have the original hardcover, it's well worth it. Not to mention that the conversion doc for SWADE was for the Deluxe edition.

Comment

Working...
              X