SWADE companions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWADE companions!

Was this a rumour, or did my brain's wishful thinking make me think it was? Which a is pretty valid question as my memory is not what it's supposed to be. But has any of the companions slated to be remade any time soon? I'm looking for the Superpowers one, and I THINK I heard/read that they were coming 'soon', but I can't seem to find anything on it, so I might have made it up.

All 4 of the current companions plus a martial arts companion are in the works.

No word on release dates.

Comment

How about a Post-Apoc companion (one that is NOT Rifts but more a toolkit for settings such as Gamma World to Aftermath to Rouge 417 and Cloisters to Fallout? Now, don't get me wrong, RIFTS is gorgeous, and Broken Earth has a primo hex-crawl and society-building engine, but lets get a full toolkit out there. And answer the damn question of how to make core-book allowable mutants when one needs Superpowers but those don't scale with regular Powers (i.e. SuperPowers do have Power Points, but do not have Duration or other similar limits).

Bearing in mind the race-creation rules work just fine, especially defining your Mutant Human with the Positive Racial Trait of Arcane Bonus [+2] and various other racial traits as desired. Personally, I give my Gamma World characters 4 racial points for free for this purpose. Which makes the Pure Strain Humans on par with the mutants (and PSHs are damn tough to boot).
      The Radioactivist
      Registered Member
      Last edited by The Radioactivist; 03-22-2020, 05:48 PM.

Comment

• Deskepticon
        Deskepticon
        Registered Member
        Deskepticon commented
        Editing a comment
        And answer the damn question of how to make core-book allowable mutants when one needs Superpowers but those don't scale with regular Powers (i.e. SuperPowers do have Power Points, but do not have Duration or other similar limits).
        This is how powers work in the current Superpowers Companion. I don't think it change with the update.

It's not a PEG product, but for Apocalypse there's Daring Entertainment's https://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/...Campaign-Guide

Right now it's even free!

Comment

• Christopher Brady
        Christopher Brady
        Registered Member
        Christopher Brady commented
        Editing a comment
        Is it SWADE compatible, I know all SW is, but does it use the SWADE rules?

• mac40k
        mac40k
        Registered Member
        mac40k commented
        Editing a comment
        It predates SWADE, so conversion would follow the standard guidance provided by PEG. Note that a most of it is subsystems that are designed to facilitate post apocalypse stories such as scavenging and communities rather than NPCs or stuff that would require conversion. Again, it's free so you have nothing to lose by downloading it to see for yourself it is something you might find useful.
        mac40k
        Registered Member
        Last edited by mac40k; 03-25-2020, 03:41 PM.

Originally posted by mikeZekim View Post
      All 4 of the current companions plus a martial arts companion are in the works.

No word on release dates.
      I know there wouldn't be any specific dates yet, but the fact that they are in the works is all I wanted to know, thanks Boss!

Comment

If you go to Youtube there is a savage cruises video and Shane updates the crew to what is in the pipeline (near the beginning). In regards to timelines -- no real updates but from how I interpret his description I think this is the order they are working them in:

Nowish (after deadlands)

SciFi Companion
        Supers (with a Necessary Evil 3 PPC)

Then (pretty soon after but no solid timeline)

Fantasy (complete overhaul)
        Horror (mostly the same but ETU rituals are added to Horror)

Best case MAYBE we see Scifi and Supers early to mid next year--and Fantasy and Horror late next year.

Not sure how long it take for them to turn stuff out.

Comment

Working...
      X