Race Creation: Tails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Race Creation: Tails

If I wanted to make a race with a semi prehensile tail. Something that could act as a 3rd arm, what Should I use in Race Creation?

What if I wanted to make it for just a tail bash? Like a dragon has?

How many points?

Unless something has a game effect, it doesn't need to cost points.

What is the game effect of a prehensile tail? Does it negate 2 points of MAP, then Additional Action is the ability to purchase.

What is the game effect of a tail bash? Is it just straight STR damage, no cost. It is simply a cosmetic addition to the race. If it does STR + d4, then 1 point as it is a reskinning of Horns.

Comment

Third arm? See the Additional Action racial ability.

A natural weapon? Look at the three natural weapons and choose the one that best fits. I'd go with Bite but you can make an argument for any of the three.
      If you want the Dragon's free attacks then you're looking at something on par with Improved Counter Attack.

If it is largely decorative, like having a three fingered hand, then it doesn't need any game mechanics.
      I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

Working...
      X