[SPC2] Copycat in Necessary Evil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [SPC2] Copycat in Necessary Evil

Hey guys. I'm trying to figure something out for the Necessary Evil setting. Here's the short version:

Is Copycat useless in NE?

If you look at the Alien Update for Necessary Evil, none of the enemies are described as have superpowers. It's all "special abilities". Some of what the V'sori could do was described as a super power in Explorer's Edition, but that changed in Deluxe (Lord knows if the SWADE update will ever be published). To complicate matters, the Necessary Races PDF also described Fins as having powers, but nowhere else is that mentioned. Opponents who are super are uncommon in the setting, so what would I tell a player who wants to copy a V'sori, Fin, or drone? Appreciate anyone's thoughts on the matter. Thanks.

At the very least, Copycat can be used to Copy his teammates Powers, so it's not useless. Depending on how confortable coming up with point totals on the fly, you could also allow a Copycat to copy, for example, a Fin's Strength (2 PP per Strength difference) or a V'sori special ability.

Drones are mostly technology, and cannot be copied with Copycat.

Comment

Not useless, but less useful than in a typical supers campaign.

Bit of a GM call, but a player should be able to copy V'sori psionics (Telepathy, Telekinesis, Mind Blast, Illusion, Stun, etc.). That does require someone to go through and price out all of those abilities.

K'tharen physiology is being a big shark man - Growth 2 (monster), Melee Attack (bite), and Aquatic. Not a lot of powers to work with but definitely something.

Drones of all varieties are people wrapped in advanced armor, augmented with cybernetics, and boosted with alien technology. If the copycat can copy technology and cybernetics then he should be able to copy drones; but most copycats can't copy technology so most copycats can't copy Drones.

Good luck!
      I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

Thanks, guys. That helps clarify things

Comment

Working...
        X