Flash Bang Grenades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flash Bang Grenades

How would you mechanic a Flash-Bang Grenade?
    I can blind, deafen and stun a victim. But how would you work it?

Why not just make that a trapping of the Stun Grenade (page 78, Savage Worlds)? Stunned is an utterly brutal condition, and the combination of Prone, Distracted, immobile, can't take actions, can't Gang Up, and subject to The Drop can easily be trapped as blind, deaf, and confused.
    I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

I think perhaps what I am looking for is -6 for being blinded and deafened and an automatic shaken. The Target can then roll to remove the shaken, but at a -6 or so.

Comment

First, what you're looking for is the stun grenade. Stun grenade is the actual designation of the US munition. This piece of equipment is how SW represents the effects.

From the weapon cards
        Click image for larger version

Name:	SW stun grenade.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	15.0 KB
ID:	34679

And the M84 stun grenade. (Note that for added confusion, this is designated a stun grenade while its much later developed MOLLE carrier is designated a flashbng pouch.) It is fused with the short-burn, high intensity M201 series fuse as smoke and thermite grenades. Refer to FM 3-23.30.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	m84 stun grenade.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	6.7 KB
ID:	34680

If you do not like the rules surrounding the game component, feel free to change them. I would argue against it because your proposal does not accomplish the intended effect: regardless of the penalties applied, the target can still shoot back. Also note that it is posiible to mitigate the effects on the receiving end and so Vigor rolls are still immensely appropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by zero mostel View Post
          I think perhaps what I am looking for is -6 for being blinded and deafened and an automatic shaken. The Target can then roll to remove the shaken, but at a -6 or so.
          As a guy that got flashbanged during training (twice) I can tell you that it's absolutely possible to ignore flash bang grenades. I found them to be as personally distracting as a powerful camera flash - though others in my training groups were much more seriously affected.
          Any rules for flash bangs that don't allow my experiences to be replicated are poorly designed.
          Overall, I like the listed Stun Grenade. It does everything I want a flash bang to do.

Also of note, look at the power of the blind, confusion, and stun powers. If your grenade is better than those magical abilities then your grenade is too good.
          I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

Originally posted by ValhallaGH View Post

Also of note, look at the power of the blind, confusion, and stun powers. If your grenade is better than those magical abilities then your grenade is too good.
            Considering I like to work with not just reality and magic but "What might have been" Tech. I think your answer is wholly appropriate.
            Thank you.

Comment

Working...
            X