Adventure Edition Box Set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adventure Edition Box Set

Mine arrived yesterday (August 31st) and I finally had time to dig through the whole thing today.

I am very impressed. Everything is beautifully printed, feels sturdy, and seems both useful and playable. The Adventure Deck has been re-written to fix some problematic cards (notably Enemy) and mesh with the new rules (Dressed to Kill, Rally, etc.). The Conditions Deck seemed useless in the write-up, but now that I have it in hand I can appreciate how useful it actually will be. The Powers Deck is a handy reference. I appreciate the cardboard spacers in the deck boxes, leaving lots of room to add more cards, even a second deck, without making everything rattle constantly. The GM screen is low, has good tables, and looks both generic and inspiring from the player side. The dice and bennies are to the same high standards I've come to expect from PEG; only unremarkable due to the tradition of excellence. And the clear templates are pretty much everything I could want.

The only issue I've encountered is the over-sized Action Deck. The cards are beautiful, but too large for any of my card sleeves or deck boxes. They're also large enough that it's a challenge to manipulate them for shuffling and dealing. The increased visibility across the table is nice but I don't think this was an overall positive change.

Still, this thread is just a massive thank you to everyone at Pinnacle that had a part in bringing me this incredible product.

And for my fellow Savages who are on the fence, this is definitely worth picking up if you can manage it.
    I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

I have primarily used the over-sized Action deck from a previous edition for years. I have not sleeved them, and I bought multiple copies of the deck as a backup, but even after several years of use I am still using the first deck. It is getting a bit worn, but that is mostly from players being mean to the cards. It gets easier to shufle with practice.

Comment

Man I am jealous, gotta wait a bit for my box set to reach down under.

Comment

Congratz! Two questions;
        1: was yours the standard or the signed special edition?
        2: do you live in the states or elsewhere in the world?
        Thanks for indulging my curiosity.
        ​​

Comment

• ValhallaGH
          ValhallaGH commented
          Editing a comment
          Standard boxed set. Contiguous US.

• mikeawmids
          mikeawmids commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks! Looking forward to receiving mine in the UK.

I just got my SWAE book & Adventure Box. Good Lord, they're beautiful! The box content and design is fantastic! My mind keeps flitting back and forth between RPG box set nostalgia and "THIS is what modern RPGs should look like".

Great job, Pinnacle Entertainment Group! You knocked this one out of the park and into orbit.

Comment

In addition to how awesome everything looked I was also highly impressed on how well everything fit together in the box. I feel like just unpacking that thing will invoke pangs of envy to all present (unless they have their own box.)

Comment

Has anyone (or will anyone) do an unboxing video? I didn't kickstart, but I'm really interested in seeing what the package looks like.

Comment

Anyone in the UK (or Europe) got theirs yet?

Comment

• steelbrok
                steelbrok commented
                Editing a comment
                It's america first then others so a while yet

Originally posted by Deskepticon View Post
              Has anyone (or will anyone) do an unboxing video? I didn't kickstart, but I'm really interested in seeing what the package looks like.
              Here is the Essentials (un)Box(ing)
              https://youtu.be/ZEiWF7DmA_A
              Jeffrey...
              Left is Death!

Comment

I got my box earlier in the week and took it gaming with me. When I started to show off my non-collectors book I found the cover on upside down in relation to the contents. Not that big a deal; and I have a ticket in to see what we can do.

Over all VERY HAPPY! Thanks everyone!
                I have way too much time but do not always edit myself properly. Please do not take offense.

Comment

• PEGThomas
                  PEGThomas commented
                  Editing a comment
                  A true collector's version.

Glad to hear the good reviews. I missed the Kickstarter but am planning on getting the Box set as soon as it's available

Comment

• Radecliffe
                  Radecliffe commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Don't know if they will make it to stores but I wouldn't hold my breath. This link is to the Peg Store for the box set.

https://www.peginc.com/store/savage-...nt-only-swade/

• Deskepticon
                  Deskepticon commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Radecliffe In the unboxing video (linked above in #9) Jodi says the boxset can be ordered by retailers. Presumably that means some stores might even carry them in inventory.

• Radecliffe
                  Radecliffe commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm just speculating on if any will be left to ship to retailers.

Stupid question, does anyone know it the swade essentials box has the core rules included?

Comment

Welcome to the forum!
                  Originally posted by Racath View Post
                  Stupid question, does anyone know it the swade essentials box has the core rules included?
                  It does not. If you go to the store page you'll see a list of all contents, and a description that notes the box is full of accessories with room for a physical book.
                  The book is not on that list because it is not included.
                  I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

• Ndreare
                    Ndreare commented
                    Editing a comment
                    We were able to put two copies of the core rules in each essentials box with room for some printed resources and the errata page.

Overall it is a pretty cool thing to have for anyone who will be GMing.

Thank you for the information. I'm new to swade is the is there a package that has the core book and the gm book?

Comment

Not that I'm aware of. I believe that combination was a Kickstarter exclusive.

The GM book isn't a typical GM book. It's a bunch of general advice about building your own settings, making table calls, and keeping things fun. It's a lot of good advice, but it mostly just expands upon the material that's already available in the GM sections of the Core Rules.
                    There are no new rules. No new monsters. No new mechanics. Just a bunch of (really good) advice.
                    Not sure if that changes your mind about looking for a bundle.

You can buy the GM book by itself. Ordered with a print copy of the Core Rules and you're looking at $60 plus shipping. You miss out on all the other goodies from the excellent box set, but you do save about $100.

Comment

Working...
                    X