Is there a cooking skill?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a cooking skill?

Survival maybe covers it, but what if you want to make a “chef” character?

Survival covers "wilderness cooking". Modern day "being an adult" cooking would be Common Knowledge (hence, a Clueless person is someone who can burn water).

For a professional chef, you might want to look at Performance. Maybe a specialization of the skill. Opens the door for Fame/Famous earning you money as a highly desirable celebrity chef.

Comment

Make it an edge that adds to common knowledge.

No new skill, but a skill everyone uses daily
      Last edited by Ndreare; 08-18-2019, 03:29 AM.

Comment

• tbone9581
        tbone9581 commented
        Editing a comment
        Cooking (Professional), requirements Common kn d6: Your know more recipes than Ina Garten has cook books. Anytime you are cooking you can always make a free reroll on your common knowledge skill roll. Additionally you can substitute common kn for performance when trying to earn money.

Just a thought off my head. If it is too much for one edge split it up. Cooking (Free Reroll), Chef ( substitute common kn for perform to earn money).
        Last edited by tbone9581; 08-17-2019, 05:18 PM.

• paladin2019
        paladin2019 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'd actually change the base skill used to Performance. Chef-ing is as much about management and presentation as tasty victuals.

• Deskepticon
        Deskepticon commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh, no! Not another "free reroll" Edge. Have people lost all imagination?
        I jest... but only slightly.
        Here's one:

Gourmet
        Requirements:
        Novice, Performance (cooking) d8 <or whatever skill you want to use>
        Your food is not only good, but highly nutritious. Whenever someone eats a meal prepared by you they remove one Fatigue level (if they have one) and add +2 to their next Natural Healing roll.
        The meal must be top-end, requiring adequate ingredients and at least one hour to prepare.
    Working...
    X