SWADE - Cover and Innocent Bystanders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWADE - Cover and Innocent Bystanders

So, in my official SWD-to-SWADE conversion PDF, under Cover there's no longer any discussion about how the Cover's Toughness could add to the target's Toughness - is that really gone?

Also, under Innocent Bystanders, it says "A Wild Card must miss with his Wild Die for a RoF 1 weapon to hit an Innocent Bystander" - does this mean instead of or in addition to the skill die being 1?

Hoping those of you with the full-blown SWADE can clarify these things for me...thanks!
    Savage Summaries-RAW, with added info from Clint:Combat Actions,Cover,Healing,Using Powers,Grappling,Chases
    Also:Persuasion,Better Bosses,Better Combat Rating
    And:historical tech levels,generic SW sci-fi tech levels

Innocent Bystander: In addition. It works the same as Deluxe, they just clarified that a Wild Card with a RoF 1 weapons must also miss with the Wild Die to hit an innocent bystander.

Cover: You can still shoot through obstacles.

Since neither of those mechanics changed, I'm guessing the conversion document didn't talk about them. "Still the same, no need to mention it."
    I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

I busted out my book to double check and Val is correct; in SWADE the Cover and Obstacle rules have been combined into a single section, called "Cover & Obstacles" (funny that). It mentions the Cover Penalties first, followed by the Cover Bonus table and stating that if the attack would have hit without Cover and the GM thinks it makes sense, use these. The "Cover & Area Effect" section just points to the Cover & Obstacles section.
      Join the Unofficial Savage Worlds Discord!

My thoughts, musings, and general character adaptations on Savage Everything.

Comment

• ValhallaGH
        ValhallaGH commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, busting out the book is my first move for answering. My memory has failed me too many times.

Originally posted by ZenFox42 View Post
      Also, under Innocent Bystanders, it says "A Wild Card must miss with his Wild Die for a RoF 1 weapon to hit an Innocent Bystander" - does this mean instead of or in addition to the skill die being 1?
      Just to explain a bit why it needed to be clarified : you could roll 1 on the skill die, and still roll high on the wild die. In that case you simply HIT your target. You would only hit an innocent bystandard if you do actually MISS your initial target AND you roll 1 on your skill die

Comment

• ZenFox42
        ZenFox42 commented
        Editing a comment
        D'oh! I had been taking "miss with his Wild die" to mean "roll a 1 on the Wild die" (just because of the previous talk about rolling a 1 on the skill die, I guess) - thanks for the clarification!
    Working...
    X