Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is feedback wanted on parts of the SWADE kickstarter other than the main rulebook?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is feedback wanted on parts of the SWADE kickstarter other than the main rulebook?

In particular, the recent SWADE Virtual Tabletop Bundle.

I have some comments and suggestions for that as there were what seem like odd choices made with some of the components of that bundle. If feedback is wanted, then I'll put it together and post it here(?). The feedback subs seem to be specifically for the rules.

First, Welcome to the Forums!

Second, all feedback threads for SWADE have been closed for some time now and PEG aren't actively looking for community feedback. The materials are going to the printers soon (if they haven't already). With that said, I don't think things were restricted to just the core rulebook. I seem to remember questions about other KS elements being brought up (Stretch Goals, third party support, etc.).

Third, just because PEG has closed the official feedback threads, you should still air any grievances, questions, or concerns you may have. If only to start a conversation.

Cheers!

Comment

Thank you for the welcome.

As the item in question was only released to KS backers a couple days ago and it isn't a print product that limitation probably isn't a concern.

So if this is the right sub then I'll follow up on it here.

Comment

• Deskepticon
        Deskepticon commented
        Editing a comment
        Maybe make a new thread with a brief overview of the issue as the Topic.

Gah! Comments? Do I comment on a comment or reply to a post or what? What are those checkboxes for? Stress level rising!

I'll definitely start a new thread with an appropriate topic (which I always mentally pronounce as "toe-pick". anyone get the movie reference?).

Comment

Whichever best fits the information you're sharing. Comments can't be "liked", don't increase your "post count", automatically alert the author of the commented post, and are slightly more difficult to format (but have all the same formatting options as a full post, if you know the forum code).

Personally, I prefer comments for minor asides or quick additions to specific posts and full posts for longer messages or things that I feel should be part of the general discussion.

I almost made this a comment and then I realized it added to the morphing conversation.
        I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

• Ndreare
          Ndreare commented
          Editing a comment
          I didn't know we're could use BB CODE in comments!
          That is so awesome

• Deskepticon
          Deskepticon commented
          Editing a comment
          Originally posted by Ndreare
          I didn't know we're could use BB CODE in comments!
          That is so awesome
          Comment-ception!

• Phergus
          Phergus commented
          Editing a comment
          Cool! Good to know.

Originally posted by Phergus View Post
        Gah! Comments? Do I comment on a comment or reply to a post or what? What are those checkboxes for? Stress level rising!
        There's no forum rules regarding it, you can use your own judgment. As a general guideline, though, new posts or quoted posts are used for discussing or advancing the Topic at large. Comments on posts are made for discussing things that particular post addresses but aren't necessarily related to the Topic at large.

Examples of Comments might be:
        - correcting a piece of information in the post
        - making a joke or quip on something the post mentions
        - any other tangential response

Again, use your own judgment as to how relevant the information is to the Topic.

It's common for users to respond to a comment by also commenting under the same post. To ensure the correct person is notified of your response, use the [at] symbol before their name. Phergus
        This will send that person a notification. Otherwise, only the user of commented Post gets notified (or anyone Subscribed to the thread... yes, you can subscribe to threads to stay notified!) Be sure to leave a space after the users name or the system won't recognize the user. For example, @Phergus: won't work (you'll need to remove the colon).

I'll definitely start a new thread with an appropriate topic (which I always mentally pronounce as "toe-pick". anyone get the movie reference?).
        Always?! Why, are you always mentally getting hit with hockey pucks?

Comment

The only thing I do not like is how the "Flag" button is so close to comment and like.
          If I agree with a comment but do not have enough to say to actually comment myself I will hit like. Other times I will post a tangent to the conversation as a Comment. But the number of times I hit flag instead is annoying. Maybe it is a phone problem and people posting from PCs do not have this problem, I do not know because I am the only person to complain on it.

Comment

• ValhallaGH
            ValhallaGH commented
            Editing a comment
            It's much easier to avoid on PC. Can happen, but the follow up "why are you flagging this" box keeps you from living with that mistake.

Originally posted by Ndreare View Post
          The only thing I do not like is how the "Flag" button is so close to comment and like.
          If I agree with a comment but do not have enough to say to actually comment myself I will hit like. Other times I will post a tangent to the conversation as a Comment. But the number of times I hit flag instead is annoying. Maybe it is a phone problem and people posting from PCs do not have this problem, I do not know because I am the only person to complain on it.
          My phone automatically reformats the buttons depending on the phone's orientation. If held upright, the Comment, Quote, and Flag buttons are hidden behind an ellipses, but appear as buttons if the phone is sideways (see attached photos). Yours doesn't do that?

Comment

I normally browse in landscape. But yes in potrait mode the pictures disappear.

Comment

Working...
            X