This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [SWADE] Advocates, Contributors & Playtesters

We had this going on lately: http://www.enworld.org/forum/content...-S-Allegations

When I look at the Advocates, Contributors & Playtesters section in SWADE, I see SPF there. What is Pinnacles stance on the matter? There's still time to remove him.

Can a person never change?
    Is a person forever defined by past actions?
    When have a person repaid his/her past actions?
    This person have allready lost so much and still have done so much good, yet you still wants him further punished?

Comment

Wow.... such harshness. Look....none of us are perfect. Even though I do not know whole stories, I know who we are referring to. The gentleman I know is just that.... He is a gentleman and has done much for the gaming community in general. So unless you are flawless, maybe we should start looking at people's positive contributions instead of mistakes they may have made. This is just a thought and i think maybe we would be better off if we started trying to look at positives instead of trying to bury people in their mistakes all of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Mogge View Post
        Can a person never change?
        Yes, but typically does not without having experienced the consequences of their actions, and often not even then.

Is a person forever defined by past actions?
        Without demonstrating remorse and an observable change in direction for future actions, yes, yes they are.

When have a person repaid his/her past actions?
        Dependent upon severity of said actions, which is somewhat subjective. But see above.

This person have allready lost so much and still have done so much good, yet you still wants him further punished?
        Consequences from differing avenues need not be considered in the cumulative sense. When one party disassociates with an individual, that doesn't mean the next party need not worry about their own moral, ethical and, yes, professional image concerns about continued association with said individual.

Comment

Even with controversial subjects like this, please remember to remain civil. This thread will be locked and/or deleted if it starts to violate the posting rules.

Thank you.
          'But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked. 'Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here.'

The Order of the Dice... OF DOOM!

Comment

We're satisfied with Sean's response to the situation. He's already stepped down from Rifts and has a small article in the World Builder's Guide.

Gonna go ahead and close the topic now.

Thanks,

Shane

Comment

Originally posted by stadi View Post
              We had this going on lately: http://www.enworld.org/forum/content...-S-Allegations

When I look at the Advocates, Contributors & Playtesters section in SWADE, I see SPF there. What is Pinnacles stance on the matter? There's still time to remove him.
              Mistakes were made apologies made and life happened.

If there is no room floor forgiveness then perhaps consider another world view.

Few things are more disgusting than the rabid efforts to ruin someone's life over an event. In SPF's case he addressed it, apologized and handled it all months ago.

I don't know anything about Zack Smith's situation you linked, the whole thing is a one sided editorial not a balanced article. But I question if his words were bad enough his life should have been destroyed.

Comment

Working...
              X