(SWADE) Slingshot/Sling

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (SWADE) Slingshot/Sling

Would the Sling range weapon also work for a slingshot?

The sling is a athletics/thrown weapon while the slingshot would be a shooting weapon? Do about 2d4 damage? Any suggestions for ranges?

Comment

I would us the same ranges.

Comment

• fanchergw
        fanchergw commented
        Editing a comment
        I would agree that the ranges listed for a Sling make sense for a slingshot. (I used slingshots a lot as a kid.) However, an actual sling has much greater range - easily equivalent to a bow. For gaming purposes in SW, I have always doubled the listed ranges to get them to make a bit more sense.

Regards, Gordon

After a little Googling, I guess it depends on what you mean by "slingshot", and in what era.

A Little Rascals style slingshot - just a Y-shaped piece of wood with old-fashioned rubber - would probably match a sling for range.

One made with the better modern materials and an arm brace design (a "Wrist Rocket") would have better range, more like a Flintlock pistol (5/10/20). Also more expensive.

Shooting seems more reasonable than Athletics for a slingshot.

Damage is trickier. A simple slingshot isn't going to be as deadly as a derringer, IMHO, but for simplicity's sake, 2d4 is probably fine. An advanced slingshot would be more like the sling, with Str+d4 damage. I'd be tempted to tweak the damage to -1 for each. Also Minimum Str would be d4 and d6, respectively.
      Last edited by Oneiros; 01-23-2019, 07:40 PM.

Comment

• Brickulos
        Brickulos commented
        Editing a comment
        The wrist rocket might do 2d4+1

• Oneiros
        Oneiros commented
        Editing a comment
        Brickulos Do you think it would do that for users of different Strengths? Or would it be more like a simple bow, where most people can make use of its maximum pull?

• Brickulos
        Brickulos commented
        Editing a comment
        There is certainly an upper limit on how much force can be eked from a slingshot. The bow is an apt comparison.
    Working...
    X