Prone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prone

I found it odd that the only thing that affects Derived statistics is Prone (-2 to parry and also -2 fighting).
    I would prefer that Derived statistics never is affected for the FFF-factor.

Maybe Vulnerable for melee attacks is better (or distracted, but i found that Vulnerable might fit better).

What do the rest of you think about that?

I think Prone is one of the situations where the standard conditions don't fit.
    You get extra defense against most ranged attacks, are more vulnerable to melee attacks (or very close ranged attacks), have a more difficult time stabbing people, and can't move. It doesn't make the character more vulnerable to Tests or spells, so Vulnerable is a bad choice.

Now, listing it as +2 to Fighting rolls against the character, and -2 to Fighting by the character, might be an improvement. Same effect, but the math moves to the attacker's side of the roll.
    I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

• Matchstickman
      Matchstickman commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by ValhallaGH View Post
      Same effect, but the math moves to the attacker's side of the roll.
      Different effect if you're trying to shoot them in melee.

• ValhallaGH
      ValhallaGH commented
      Editing a comment
      Matchstickman True, but you're probably better off shooting him outside of melee.

Originally posted by Mogge View Post
    I found it odd that the only thing that affects Derived statistics is Prone (-2 to parry and also -2 fighting).
    You're working from a false premise. Defend affects Parry, that's its raison d'etre. Weapons and shields can affect Parry. Armor affects Toughness. Gear can affect Pace and/or Toughness. Wounds affect Pace.

Comment

You are right. Forgot that Defendaction also affect parry.
      Please disregard this post.

Comment

Working...
      X