[SWADE v4] Two-Gun Example

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [SWADE v4] Two-Gun Example

I know not everything is going to be perfect, but there's an error in the example sidebar on pg. 44. The sidebar says Red has a sword in one hand and a gun in the other. then states if she makes a fighting roll as an action, she can make a second fighting or shooting action. Shouldn't this be Shooting only? you have to use the weapon in your off-hand, and unless you're pistol whipping someone... Unless that's the intent, anyhow. If the intent was saying she could pistol whip someone with her off-hand, I'll nod and go on my way!

Then we the two edges?

Comment

Originally posted by magusrogue View Post
      I know not everything is going to be perfect, but there's an error in the example sidebar on pg. 44. ... If the intent was saying she could pistol whip someone with her off-hand, I'll nod and go on my way!
      She has both Edges so she can use Fighting or Shooting with her off-hand. And she can make a Shooting or Fighting attack with her pistol - because of pistol whipping.
      Unless her pistol has a bayonet! Which seems noteworthy but still allows her to cut fools with her mighty pistol blade.
      I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

Touche then!

Comment

I still think it's a waste of an Edge.

Comment

Given that you also need Ambidextrous to avoid the off-hand penalty, I'd be tempted to just merge Two Fisted and Two Gun Kid into a single Edge that simply allows you to avoid the MAP when attacking with both hands in the same turn. With Ambidextrous, it's better than Frenzy; without Ambidextrous, it's probably a bit worse. Seems reasonably balanced when considering that one-handed firearms are generally inferior to larger two-handed weapons (less damage and/or range and/or RoF). And melee fighters will forgo the reach and damage of larger weapons, as well as the VERY significant defensive advantages of shields in many settings.

Comment

Working...
            X