Frenzy at seasoned

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frenzy at seasoned

With the new multiple action rules every character effectively start with the old frenzy and the new frenzy works as the old improved frenzy.
    It seems a bit to early to give players access to this kind of power at seasoned for a single edge. Furthermore the new Improved frenzy gives players the option to roll 4 fighting dice at veteran with a -2 on both attacks.

This seems very overpowered to me. I think that the frenzy and imrpoeved frenzy edge should either be nerfed or maybe moved to legendary. What is your expirance with this new edge?

My experience? That they're no worse than the old two weapon rules.

Frenzy makes a fighter about as dangers as a SMG,and Improved lets him do that twice a Turn. Some might see that as over powered but it hasn't been so far.
    It's certainly better than the unintended One Punch Man that was possible with the old Master Martial Artist Edge.
    I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

I agree that it's very powerful, probably the most powerful combat edge in the game. It's worth a +2 to Fighting in a lot of situations, which is well above the curve, and there's no real downside to using it. It seems straight-up better than the Counterattack and First Strike chains of edges.

Comment

Soulliard I'd argue it's closer to a +1 to Fighting, at least going by the math. That said, I don't think it's better than First Strike/Counterattack; they're fairly competative. Frenzy allows you to take an additional attack during your turn, but both of the other Edges allow you to be even more of a danger even when the enemy is on their turn—Frenzy doesn't prevent you from being attacked the way First Strike does, and Counterattack gives you a whole additional attack (or three) whenever an opponent misses you, even if you took the Defend maneuver and didn't actually make attacks during the round. Plus, First Strike/Counterattack give you an extra attack with a Wild Die; Frenzy doesn't provide that extra die of benefit.
        My thoughts, musings, and general character adaptations on Savage Everything. Now featuring Suppressive Fire that actually works!

Comment

Yeah, Frenzy is good but not so good it needs to be moved off of Seasoned.

Comment

A large part of what makes frenzy and improved frenzy so good is how well they are combined with wild attack. You can get + 2 to your hit and your damage without reducing your parry any further. First strike and counter attack does get this bonus.

And I agree with soullard that it is worth + 2 fighting in a lot, but not all situations. However the new trademark weapon is worth + fighting and parrry in most situations and the new block is worth + 2 parry in some situations, so maybe this is just the new normal for edges.

but what worry me the most is actually the new improved frenzy which can give you access to 4 attack with +2 damage every turn if you are willing to get the - 2 parry. This seems absolutely crazy.

Comment

It may be a little crazy but if that is the type of character you are wanting to build it is not too bad. Remember, when you roll two combat dice with a single wild die you are doubling your chances of a crit-fail. Sure you may hit with the other die but you may end up throwing your weapon across the room as well.

(More dice increases the odds of a crit-fail is a simple matter of probability. Someone who is good with that stuff should work out the odds. Or, come to think, someone did. I need to go look for that.)
              I have way too much time but do not always edit myself properly. Please do not take offense.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesomesaurus View Post
                A large part of what makes frenzy and improved frenzy so good is how well they are combined with wild attack. You can get + 2 to your hit and your damage without reducing your parry any further.
                You don't reduce your Parry from Wild Attack. Instead you become Vulnerable, making you easier to stab, easier to shoot, easier to Taunt, easier to Intimidate, easier to affect with spells, and anything else where your foes roll Traits to affect you.

Wild Attack got a whole lot more dangerous for the attacker.
                I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

Thanks valhallaGH I didn’t notice that, but that make sense.

Comment

Working...
                  X