A character sheet I made...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A character sheet I made...

I love the Savage Worlds rule set, but didn't like the official character sheet. Several years back I made the attached character sheet and have made good use of it. (As always, feel free to use it if you like it)

Anyways, I'm preparing to re-do it for the upcoming Adventure edition. Obviously I'm going to need to go through and adjust for the new rules, including updating the 'cheat sheet' on the back. I'm also going to change the pips on the ammo/power points block, since I've found them kinda small to use easily. I'm open to any other feedback.

Once the new rules are locked in, I'll post the updated character sheet for anyone to use again.
    Attached Files

I was thinking of making a character sheet of my own. What sort of tool did you use to make your character sheet, an image-editing program or something else?

Comment

I like the look of the character sheet. Do you think you could do a version with an optional fill in the blank Attribute? I'm thinking about the campaigns that might use Wealth or some other setting specific attribute.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuoweit View Post
        I was thinking of making a character sheet of my own. What sort of tool did you use to make your character sheet, an image-editing program or something else?
        I used Visio, since I'm fairly proficient with it, but any software with page layout functionality (such as Publisher or InVision) will do fine. You probably could do it in something like PhotoShop or Gimp, but I'd think that would be a bit of a pain.

Originally posted by wmarshal View Post
        I like the look of the character sheet. Do you think you could do a version with an optional fill in the blank Attribute? I'm thinking about the campaigns that might use Wealth or some other setting specific attribute.
        Honestly space is really hard to make on a good character sheet, as every line added somewhere means less space somewhere else, but sometimes the way blocks line up allows for an extra space here or there. I'll keep it in mind.

Comment

• Gordon
          Gordon commented
          Editing a comment
          Plus you have to worry about 4-5 weapon lines, but what happens if someone takes a lot of weapons? 10 gear lines aren’t nearly enough for thorough gear heads.

I’m having these kind of growing pains on my generated PDF sheets at savaged.us
          Last edited by Gordon; 01-11-2019, 03:42 AM.

You could consider having power points and wounds on the edges of the char sheet (like with this one https://imgur.com/a/php2UWN) you can use paper clips, and move them back and forth, rather than writing and erasing all the time. Something we found useful in my group.
        Doing the same with ammo could also work well for characters that mostly use one ranged weapon.

That rules reference sheet is pretty neat. If you make one for Adventure Edition, I'm gonna print it out ASAP! :-)
        Last edited by Ibskib; 01-12-2019, 04:32 AM.

Comment

Whooo, many suggestions. My main gripe is the wasted real-estate. Guess I'll just start at the top...

• The "profile" section can probably be slimmed down a lot. Honestly, I think all you really need is a line for character name and campaign setting. (And what is the "Mom" line? You're not a weird creepo, are you?) Also, I think the separate entries for eyes, hair, weight, etc. are quite antiquated. I don't know about anyone else, but in all my years of gaming that has rarely, if ever, been pertinent information. Well... except maybe for weight (but more on that later). Height is just a function of Size plus any relevant Edge/Hindrance, and is easy to abstract if necessary. Basically, the first two boxes of the page can easily be compressed into one.

• The Attribute section has a lot of wasted space. All you need is a blank box next to attribute for the player to fill in the die type, like you did with Skills.

• I'd personally like to see the Wound Tracker moved to a margin (either at the top right corner or vertically along the side of the page). And you don't need separate boxes to track both the wound level and the penalty. Simply type out the penalty (using a fancy typeface or graphic) and use that as the marker, encouraging players to use a paperclip or bingo dot to track progression.

• The Armor section is probably going to need a serious overhaul with the way SWAE handles it now. Perhaps separate entries for head, torso, arms, legs, etc. to write in the type of armor and its bonus. Leave enough room for stacking. You might also want to add a few more lines to the Weapons section.

• The character's Base Weight can probably be tacked onto the Possessions section so that it is easier to calculate exactly how much a character weighs with all their junk and stuff. Without an actual formula to determine weight, it's all just guesswork anyway.

Umm... that's about it. I would say you can squeeze out more space by streamlining the CheatSheet (i.e., scrapping the "basic rules" like how to make a roll, drawing Initiative, et al.), but I suppose that stuff is helpful for new players or convention games.

Hope this was helpful.

Comment

Inspired the by character sheet here and the official one, I've made my own for SWADE.
            But... it is in German. I've made it for Deadlands, so it is heavily geared towards that.
            I've also attached the source file (LibreOffice Draw in the ZIP), if you want to modify/translate it.

I've also updated the German combat survival guide to SWADE.

Improvements/corrections always welcome.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Mootaz; 01-16-2019, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X