Max Parry

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max Parry

If you take Block, Improved Block, Trademark Weapon, Improved Trademark Weapon, Weapon Master, and Master of Arms you get +6 parry. With Fighting at d12 parry is at 8. If you add Professional and Expert to Fighting parry is 9. Thats 15 parry. With a sheld at +3 you’re at 18 parry.

Is there any way to get it higher? I want 20 lol. I looked through the Edges. Think I found all of the ones that add to parry.I know that you can take defense for a +4. But I’m looking to attack to.

Of course you need to be Legendary to get all of this.

Meet Captain Annoying. I haven't updated him for 3.0, but most of the build remains intact.

Comment

• wulfharth
      wulfharth commented
      Editing a comment
      That was the most glorious thing. Ever. Just glorious. God speed Captain Annoying.
      Last edited by wulfharth; 01-04-2019, 07:29 AM.

Grab a rapier and take Combat Acrobat. +1 Parry and –1 to hit if unencumbered, for an effective Parry of 20.
    Join the Unofficial Savage Worlds Discord!

My thoughts, musings, and general character adaptations on Savage Everything.

Comment

• wulfharth
      wulfharth commented
      Editing a comment
      D’oh! I forgot about weapons adding parry. Looks like 19 is the max. 23 if you defend. Unless a setting has a racial parry bonus.

If you add in an Arcane Background you could get up to an even 20 Parry with Boost Trait(Fighting) and getting a raise. Though it would be a tad silly to not just get Invisibility instead in that case. :-)

Comment

Oh. thats a -9 to hit for range -7 for melee if your an invisible dodging combat acrobat and get a raise on the invisiblity roll. Add Deflection and you get a whopping -13 for range and -11 for melee with a raise on the Deflection roll. With just a few more skill points and two extra edges (Arcane background and New Powers). Guess thats why their Legendary. Complete monster that.

Only -7 for range and -5 for melee if normal invisiblity roll. -9 and -7 with a normal deflection roll.

Invisiblity and Deflection stack right? I didn’t reread the v3 rules just yet. But don’t remember that not being allowed. The only thing is Acrobat and Dodge not stacking with normal cover bonus. But at that point I don’t think it matters.

Monsters.
      Last edited by wulfharth; 01-04-2019, 09:46 AM.

Comment

I assume this character is also taking Improved Counterattack someplace along the way, because seriously, why wouldn't you?

Comment

Working...
        X