Kickstarter Jump Starts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kickstarter Jump Starts

Just noticed Intellistories’ Seven Worlds setting has been added to the Jumpstart list. Though I already own the setting and campaign books, I’m glad to see them in the mix. Can always use a new intro adventure to break new players in.

Of course I’m excited about all the other jump starts, getting to get a peek at a lot of settings I’d otherwise be unfamiliar with.

Are there any particular jumpstarts any of you are excited or highly curious about?

Something new from the mind of Andy Hopp would be amazing!

Comment

• Augusto Antunes
      Augusto Antunes commented
      Editing a comment
      They just announced the Low Life jumpstart yesterday.

• Deskepticon
      Deskepticon commented
      Editing a comment
      Ah, thanks!

I'm most curious about the jumpstarts for the new settings that haven't been published yet, to get a glimpse of what's coming in the future. So far, we'll have:

- SWAT: Spells, Weapons & Tactics
    - Legion of Liberty
    - Heroes of Terra
    - Dead End
    - Trailer Park Shark Attack
    - Archons of Nikkud
    - Choe Phoe
    - The After
    - Bureau 13
    - Empire of Venom & Silk
    - Art of War
    - Crystal Heart

When it comes to jumpstarts for settings that have already been published in the past, I really, really want a jumpstart for The Day After Ragnarok, but I think the chances are pretty slim. I'd also like jumpstarts for all of the settings made by Triple Ace Games and I can't wait to take a look at the one for Beasts & Barbarians.
    Last edited by Augusto Antunes; 10-28-2018, 05:48 PM.
    "Did I fire six shots, or only five? Three? Seven. Whatever." - Unkempt Harold

Comment

• Claire Redfield
      Claire Redfield commented
      Editing a comment
      Do we have any information on what those are like? Is "Dead End" a zombie setting?

• Augusto Antunes
      Augusto Antunes commented
      Editing a comment
      Dead End IS a zombie horror survival setting. It was created by Jerrod Gunning of the Savage Worlds GM Podcast. They constantly discuss it on the show, now they're gonna make it available to the public.

• Claire Redfield
      Claire Redfield commented
      Editing a comment
      Cool, thank you. I would be curious to see what that's like.

I'm excited to check out Bureau 13. I have the original game from the '80s as well and the updated version from the '90s. The original system was a mess and I am interested in seeing the Savage Worlds take on it. Also, the premise of B13 has now been done multiple times, so I'm curious how the new team will freshen it up.

Comment

• caveman
      caveman commented
      Editing a comment
      I would suggest you also take a look at Agents of Oblivion from Reality Blurs as well. I have used this version of the rules for years when running Savage B13 games...

http://realityblurs.com/shop/catalog...s-of-oblivion/

• Oneiros
      Oneiros commented
      Editing a comment
      I remember looking at B13 back in the day. If I recall, it seemed to have a bit of a camp element to it that not many horror games do today. Or maybe it was the illustrations that gave it that feel (didn’t Phil Foglio do some of the work?)

I'm familiar with AoO. I'm just excited to see a game from yesteryear being re-imaged in SW.

When it was released, I believe the B13 was the first game to cover the "Super Secret Government agency keeping up safe from secret threats" genre. Since then, that concept has been used in many other RPGs as well as novels, comics, TV shows, etc...

As I stated, I'm curious as to how they will make it seem fresh again.

Comment

Originally posted by Augusto Antunes View Post
      I'm most curious about the jumpstarts for the new settings that haven't been published yet, to get a glimpse of what's coming in the future. So far, we'll have:

- Heroes of Terra
      Hi! Author of Heroes of Terra here! There's actually a (rough cut) Player's Guide for the setting on DTRPG right now, but the Jumpstart includes a very brief intro to the setting, as well as a playable adventure! The full setting book, Heroes of Terra: The Mushroom War, is going up on Kickstarter in February, so I'm very excited about being a featured Jumpstart during the SWADE Kickstarter.

If anyone has questions about the setting, I'm happy to answer them!

Comment

All the jumpstarts are getting me excited for a Horatio Club (from GURPS Time Travel) or Dream Park style game. So many possibilities with Savage Worlds, it's difficult to stay focused!

Comment

When can we find out more about these? I'd like to check out the Dead End one, if it's a zombie apocalypse thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Claire Redfield View Post
            When can we find out more about these? I'd like to check out the Dead End one, if it's a zombie apocalypse thing.
            According to the Kickstarter, we'll start seeing Jump Starts some time after the campaign ends (i.e. November 14). Since they're all made by the publishers of those various settings, PEG has no control over how soon they become available and very little affect on the release dates (other than slowing them down for various product management and quality reasons).

I'm looking forward to a number of them, but I haven't seen any dates yet.
            The actual JumpStarts will be delivered in the months following the Savage Worlds Adventure Edition Kickstarter as each partner delivers the document to us. We’ll also have articles and interviews with some of our Aces to share in the days to come, so stay tuned!
            Relevant post.
            I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

• Erolat
              Erolat commented
              Editing a comment
              I think Claire's question was more about where to find the publisher's blurb on what the setting is.

My answer would be to do a search for the publisher and see what their website says.
          Working...
          X