Zombie Apocalypse Sourcebook?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zombie Apocalypse Sourcebook?

OK, I'm brand new here, and I honestly have done some searching on here and via Google, but I haven't found what I'm looking for. Has anyone already created a sourcebook for a TWD style zombie apocalypse campaign? Ideally, I'm hoping to find something with a lot of focus on finding/building a base of operations and then scavenging for supplies, dealing with hostile humans and ever-present zombies, and creating a sustainable/safe place for the survivors to live. I was reading the deluxe rulebook last night and I believe it even mentioned an official setting that might be similar to what I'm looking for? I'm open to player created content, I just don't want to start from scratch when I'm sure this has been done... and done... and done most likely.

Thanks in advance!

Ehdge

Welcome! To the forums and to Savage Worlds. I hope you have a lot of fun with both.

There are a few zombie apocalypse settings / campaigns. Everything from the oversized adventure / mini campaign of Zombie Run to the mega campaign of War of the Dead to its "five years later" setting book World of the Dead. A number of others are out there, but I can't recall them at this time.

That last one is probably the closest to what you're after, of what I remember.
    The War of the Dead is an ongoing, continuous year long adventure, very much in the style and tone of The Walking Dead (find a safe place, it gets dangerous, the core characters run away with the few survivors of the former haven, repeat). It's as grim and depressing as the zombie apocalypse should be, but has a lot of cool stuff - including starting the characters on a cruise ship.
    The World of the Dead is a setting book, with multiple playable races, edges, setting rules, existing power structures cobbled together by other survivors, rules for creating your own survivor kingdom, guidelines for creating new types of zombies, an adventure generator, and a full plot point campaign. A pretty good product, and probably the closest to what you're asking for that I have some familiarity with.

I'm sure there is a fan made "zombie apocalypse guide", just like there is the professional Apocalypse Campaign Guide, but most products are setting books rather than generic toolkits. Because settings are much more interesting to develop, write about, and market.

I hope that helped, and again, welcome.
    I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

Thank you for the answer Valhalla! That was very helpful. I may give War of the Dead a try and see how that goes!

Comment

Working...
      X