[Ultima Forsan] Piecemeal Armor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Ultima Forsan] Piecemeal Armor

The Ultima Forsan setting has piecemeal armor - you might have something that gives you +2 for your chest, but +1 for your arm. I couldn't find any rules for this in the setting book.

Is this a core rule thing that I'm just not aware of?

If you look at the armor table in the Savage World Deluxe core rules, you'll find that each piece of armor covers specific parts of the body. A character may have a suit of leather armor (+1 armor, torso, legs, arms) and a plate corslet (+3 armor, torso), providing +3 armor in the chest and +1 in the limbs. (Physical armors do not stack with each other, so the torso uses the higher value of +3; energy armors don't stack with each other; physical can stack with energy, if my example benefited from an armor power with an energy field trapping.)
    Remember that default Toughness uses the torso armor.

If a specific piece of equipment has different armor ratings for the parts it covers then you'd use those rules. If a setting has a "plate and chain" armor set, that provides +3 to the torso and +2 to the arms and legs then that is what you record, and remember the different values when attacks target specific locations.

While I haven't looked at Ultima Forsan, I suspect it is following that core principle.
    I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

Does this affect the injury table? If I do the default attack on you and hit against torso armor , how could that result in an injury to arm or head or leg? Those locations would have had a different target number .

Comment

Just because an attack hits the torso does not eliminate any effect to the limbs. If I shatter your collar bone and shoulder blade (both in the torso) that will easily result in your arm becoming useless. Same holds true for a good hip shot.

Wounds to the head are a bit harder to hand wave but even those can be done. Scar and Blinded are from shrapnel flying into the face. Brain Injury can be explained as lack of blood/oxygen getting to the brain while waiting to be treated.
        I have way too much time but do not always edit myself properly. Please do not take offense.

Comment

• ValhallaGH
          ValhallaGH commented
          Editing a comment
          Or a concussion from your head flopping around while being battered, or hitting the ground when you collapse. Brain trauma is no joke.

Everything said above is correct. Plus, specifically, in Ultima Forsan you roll a d20 on the Bites and Scratches table whenever a Plague Spawn attacks, so you determine the exact location of the hit (if the attack hits), so you can apply the Armor value specific to that body location.
        You happen to have a blog, channel, stream, podcast, or similar, and think you might be interested in playing, streaming, reviewing any of my gaming stuff? Gold & Glory, Aces High, Guardians of Sol-Tau, Tropicana, Ultima Forsan? Awesome! Message me for a complimentary copy!

Comment

Working...
        X