Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hellfrost Powers

Greetings!

I'm currently prepping for a Hellfrost campaign. I'm working from the Hellfrost Player's Guide (HPG) and the Savage Worlds Deluxe Explorer's Edition (SWDE). HPG references an older edition of Savage Worlds for powers available to use, in addition to the powers listed in HPG. The PDF put out by Triple Ace Games that updates HPG to use SWDE rules states new powers in SWDE are not available for selection, but does not list which powers are new.

Does anyone have a list of the specific powers that are available in Hellfrost? I don't want to hunt down an old edition of SW to be able to play Hellfrost...

Furthermore, has there been any talk of a new Hellfrost edition to bring it up to date with the SWDE?

Thanks!

Originally posted by Akerbakk View Post
    Greetings!
    I'm currently prepping for a Hellfrost campaign.
    Welcome fellow Hellfrost Brother!

I'm working from the Hellfrost Player's Guide (HPG) and the Savage Worlds Deluxe Explorer's Edition (SWDE). HPG references an older edition of Savage Worlds for powers available to use, in addition to the powers listed in HPG. The PDF put out by Triple Ace Games that updates HPG to use SWDE rules states new powers in SWDE are not available for selection, but does not list which powers are new.

Does anyone have a list of the specific powers that are available in Hellfrost? I don't want to hunt down an old edition of SW to be able to play Hellfrost...
    Every Arcane Background in Hellfrost explicitly lists the Powers available to that AB. So when we play we just look to Hellfrost Players Guide first, then to SWDE - with any mods as noted in conversion document. That has worked find for us (my group is in LoF - but we have 3 of the 5 PCs with an AB). Also, but sure to look at the Errata doc, as Barrier did not get the appropriate write-up in the HPG.

That said a complete list would be nice overall - but at least its not the case that there are ABs that allow you to just take any power. They are all defined.

Jeffrey...
    Left is Death!

Comment

Originally posted by amerigoV View Post

Welcome fellow Hellfrost Brother!

Every Arcane Background in Hellfrost explicitly lists the Powers available to that AB. So when we play we just look to Hellfrost Players Guide first, then to SWDE - with any mods as noted in conversion document. That has worked find for us (my group is in LoF - but we have 3 of the 5 PCs with an AB). Also, but sure to look at the Errata doc, as Barrier did not get the appropriate write-up in the HPG.

That said a complete list would be nice overall - but at least its not the case that there are ABs that allow you to just take any power. They are all defined.

Thanks for your expertise! I guess book-flipping it is. Someday I might work up a doc with a list of all powers available... I wish that was available from the publisher.

That said, I am REALLY looking forward to gaming in Rassilon. Such a wonderful setting.

Comment

It might be interesting to have a true combined Hellfrost Spellbook (it would have to be unofficial of course). I might be able to get you a list. I grabbed all the ABs and put them in a wiki. I probably could get them in excel and sort them (remove the many duplicates).

Have you gotten the Atlas? Damn that book is a work of art.
        Jeffrey...
        Left is Death!

Comment

It might be interesting to have a true combined Hellfrost Spellbook (it would have to be unofficial of course). I might be able to get you a list. I grabbed all the ABs and put them in a wiki. I probably could get them in excel and sort them (remove the many duplicates).
          I would love to see that!

Have you gotten the Atlas? Damn that book is a work of art.
          I just bought it 2 weeks ago and am slowly digging through it. I'm currently running two Savage Rifts games, so my literary focus is on those books. For my own edification (and long term planning for my next move) I am enjoying the mess out of my Hellfrost books. Haven't seen this much detail and potential plot hooks in a setting since I read through the Iron Kingdoms World Guide (by Privateer Press) almost a decade ago.

Comment

I was inspired from our conversation and worked up a spreadsheet of the powers. Wasn't too difficult because I've been gaming with Savage Worlds long enough to cobble together some of my different spreadsheets together and add in what I needed. Lykke til!
            Attached Files

Comment

Greetings!
              amerigoV nailed it. Every arcane background lists the powers allowed. Yes, there is a bit book-flipping involved, but the basic information of each Hellfrost-specific power is available in the Spell Summary Table.

Furthermore, has there been any talk of a new Hellfrost edition to bring it up to date with the SWDE?
              Not for the foreseeable future.

With Rassilon done, Al-Shirkuh almost finished, and Lands of Water in planning, there is enough stuff on the plate. But never say never.

For my own edification (and long term planning for my next move) I am enjoying the mess out of my Hellfrost books. Haven't seen this much detail and potential plot hooks in a setting since I read through the Iron Kingdoms World Guide (by Privateer Press) almost a decade ago.
              Thank you. Was a lot of work to summarize and expand all Region Guides, and create all the detailed maps. We're glad you like it.

TAG Hellfrost Line Editor
              High Priest of Hoenir & Champion of Qedeshet

Comment

Working...
              X