Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Beast&Barbarians] SWADE Conversion Question

Hi Guys ,
    I have a question about the "Formen Gladiator" Edge.
    It reads:

"P73 Former Gladiator: The character can make a Fighting attack, which doesn’t incur multi-
    action penalties."

1)does this still require an intimidation test?
    2)is this a free attack aktion (not Altered by edges , but not counting towards the 3 Aktion Limit OR is it a regular attack , that just doesnt suffer the Multi aktion penality?

FORMER GLADIATOR
    Requirements: Novice, Agility d6+, Fighting d8+, Intimidation d6+
    The hero is a veteran of the sun-scorched arenas of the Dread Sea Dominions — he doesn`t know the meaning of the words “fair fight”, but he knows how to scare opponents to death. If he succeeds in an Intimidation test against an adjacent opponent, he receives a free Fighting attack. This attack does not incur a multi-action penalty.
    1) Yes. The former gladiator has to succeed at an Intimidation test against an adjacent foe to trigger the Edge.
    2) Yes, this is a free attack. It says so in the edge. "free Fighting attack". The text continues to clarify that this free attack does not suffer MAP.

Free attacks are a single attack unaltered by other Edges or combat options. This is usually a Fighting or grappling attack, but could include Shooting if the attacker is armed with a pistol or other ranged weapon that can fire in melee (see Ranged Weapons in Melee, page 104).
    Note that the Edge explicitly limits the free attack to Fighting, so no grappling (Athletics), shooting, or thrown weapons.
    I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

I am not talking about the Edge description in B&B Steeledition, but about the Official Swade conversion Dokument.

Comment

The Adventure Edition Update simply notes the changes to the Steel Edition that are needed to ensure the book is compatible with Adventure Edition.

The Former Gladiator Edge works exactly the same. I'm not even sure why it is listed in the Update document - the steel edition version of Former Gladiator is 100% compliant with Adventure Edition.

If the text of the Edge was being replaced with the Update then it would now be
        FORMER GLADIATOR
        Requirements: Novice, Agility d6+, Fighting d8+, Intimidation d6+
        The character can make a Fighting attack, which doesn’t incur multi-action penalties.
        Otherwise known as a Fighting attack. It would become an Edge that does nothing.

If they wanted it to let you make an additional Fighting attack each Turn then it would need very different text.
        I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

For other edges they specificly said "replace sentence X with sentence Y" ,here the didnt.
          Also only edges that changed are listed in the document.

I guess i should just PM the guys from Graml directly, for an Official answer,instead of Posting here , but I tought piotr might reply ; -)

but Thx anyway

Comment

• ValhallaGH
            ValhallaGH commented
            Editing a comment
            If you're hoping for a specific user to see your posts, it's best to tag them with PiotrKorys or similar.

Ahhhh.....didnt know that one can do this....Thx a lot :-)

Comment

It seems the updated text removed the word "free" from before "Fighting attack," suggesting that it is not a Free Attack but a regular action (counting against the normal limit of three actions). Perhaps PiotrKorys can confirm if this is true, but it would mean Edges like Frenzy or Sweep could be used as well. That can be quite interesting, especially if you have Rabble-Rouser and multiple foes adjacent to you.

Comment

Working...
            X