War of the Dead setting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• War of the Dead setting

I GM'd a game of the One Sheet The Dead of Night over the weekend, and I'm not sure I did the zombies right. The setting has most of the zombies have a vulnerability to a headshot, but they were not invulnerable to just plain old damage that exceeds their toughness by 4+.

They do have the hardy ability that makes a second shaken (with no raise) do nothing more.

Did I do wound allocation wrong when zombies were taken out by normal attacks that got raises with damage? Or should they have only dropped when called shots to the head were successful?

Thanks.

There's a setting rule that is ... badly placed.
    "INCAPACITATING THE LIVING DEAD
    The Living Dead can only be Incapacitated with a successful headshot or by Severe Damage (see below). In the case of Extras, 1 wound is enough to put the ghoul down. In the case of Wild Card zombies, however, the characters will still need to do enough damage to Incapacitate it. The Living Dead ignore all wound modifiers, so a Wild Card zombie with 3 wounds continues to be effective until a headshot is made that pushes it to Incapacitated. The only exceptions are automatic weapons, area effect weapons, and flamethrowers (see below)."
    Emphasis added by me.
    I hope you find the above post useful. And not insulting, because I was trying to be helpful, not insulting; being a pedantic jerk, that isn't always clear.

Comment

Ah, I didn't fully familiarize myself with all the setting rules before playing the one sheet.

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
      X