X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crown & Dragon RPG Kickstarter live

We have just opened our latest Kickstarter project: Crown & Dragon RPG

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...and-dragon-rpg

Using the Savage Worlds Adventure Edition (SWADE) ruleset, this game brings to life the Triple Realm, the setting for the seminal Flintlock Fantasy novel of (almost) the same name by Stephen Hunt. The world may have been broken by the foul sorceries practiced by the Romans, but in the last few years of the 18th Century, there are still wars to be fought and legends to be made.

The characters are Dragon-Browns, soldiers in the worst regarded Regiments in the army. Rufflers, toppers, tobymen and gutter scum, these dregs of the cities and villages alike are in the army as a way to get a square meal or avoid the gallows. Despite these humble and rough backgrounds, they still serve the Crown and the Dragon with every ounce of their being.

But the armies of the continental powers and internal rebels are not the only dangers of the Triple Realm. The Tumble, that vast expanse of weirded forest filling the space betwen villages contains Demisapi (beatsmen), Forest Hobs and much stranger and more deadly creatures. Even the trees are said to prey on lost travellers. Weirdmen and Mummers working for the Crown pose as much danger to their own people as to the enemy. The Militant Priests of the Tree Martyr are on another crusade against heresy and looking to burn any they find. It is a dangerous world out there!

The game is almost complete in manuscript form, and the art will be by Tony Hough (Fighting Fantasy and others).

So, grab your Puffer (musket) and bag of cartridges, straighten your shako and tighten your belt and march on. To paraphrase The Duke of Wellington from our own world, "...our (army) is composed of the scum of the earth — the mere scum of the earth. It is only wonderful that we should be able to make so much out of them afterwards." He could easily have been writing about the Dragon Browns. So to get a game that could best be described as Sharpe with magic and beastmen and enchanted forests and blind inquisitors and steam vehicles, head over to Kickstarter now!

Am I mistaken or is this something along the lines of a fantasy Sharpe’s Rifles?

Comment

It is very much Sharpe + Magic. With added steampower, beastmen & monsters.

We have actually just added a link to a Chapter from the novel on the Kickstarter page to give you a taste of the setting and the premise. We are also hoping to have the novel available again in some format before too long!!

Comment

Mmmm... black powder swashbuckling fantasy...

'But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked. 'Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here.'

The Order of the Dice... OF DOOM!

Comment

I have posted a Character sheet to the KS page now, and I will be doing a Randomworlds chat this evening at 7.30 CDT (which does mean I have to get up in the middle of the night...) here: https://tinyurl.com/randomworlds-chat

Feel free to join in!

Comment

Working...
          X