Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Sneak Attack Press] Broken Earth: Questions and Errata (warning minor spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Sneak Attack Press] Broken Earth: Questions and Errata (warning minor spoilers)

Hi there.

Currently i am reading the "Broken Earth" Setting and looking for errata I have found only a bit of information in the old Forum.

So i hope to renew something lke that because I have some questions about rules, Setting and so on.

1. Missing rules for the building edge Wind/Solar Farm. I have paste here the one version from the old Forum:

Wind/Solar Farm
    Requires: Engineer, 20 Build, 18 weeks; must be built in a hex containing a free plain.
    This Wind or Solar Farm produces enough power for 500 citizens. The cost also includes electrical wiring to the hex and all hexes connected by roads.
    Community Benefit: The community receives electricity. If this is the first electricity source, increase the community’s Economy and Morale by a die type. It also allows the community to construct any buildings that require electricity.
    PC Benefit: The PCs each receive one battery and can freely recharge all of their batteries.

Is this also an official version now?

2. Extreme Chemistry

Here I miss some information about how it exactly works because at least theoretically you can produce extremly expensive drugs. Can you produce them in advance? Can you stockpile them? Or do you have to use them first before you can recharge your powerpoints? Or do you have to use them immediately?

3. Synths

I am a bit confused with this race. They have the racial edge "Untainted" which says the can not have Psionics or Mutation edges. On the other hand the Synth Sara the Butcher is described as having "brown hair with streaks of blue and red (a minor mutation".

I think they should be able to get some mutations because like the other races they have human flesh, muscles, organs and so on. Only the Skeleton ad brain are artificial.

4. Community rules - Economy

We have one community trait called Economy which is needed in very few situations.

I miss a community Project like "Trading" with which the community could try to get more build and Food or could trade one ressorce for the other or vice versa.

5. NPC Corin (page 134) unknown edge

The NPC Corin has an edge called extraction. I can not identify this edge. It is not from the core or from Broken Earth. Any idea?

English is not my first language so I hope it is not too bad. I also hope for some Responses.

And do you have other questions/ideas/ experience with this setting?

Extraction is in the core book. It's a combat edge that lets you make an Agility check to avoid the free attack for leaving melee range.
    'But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked. 'Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here.'

The Order of the Dice... OF DOOM!

Comment

Originally posted by SavageErica View Post
      Extraction is in the core book. It's a combat edge that lets you make an Agility check to avoid the free attack for leaving melee range.
      Ah, okay. It seems I have an older Version of the core rule book in english. My deluxe Edition is in german. Thank you very much.

Comment

Working...
      X