Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fainting Goat Games] Loathsome Souls - New Supernatural Enemies for SWADE

Loathsome Souls was just released for SWADE

Within these pages, you will find a collection of villains themed with supernatural and magical backgrounds. These characters can serve as enemies or rivals for any group of heroes; whether or not the heroes have a magical theme.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Loathsome_Souls_coverthumb (1).jpg
Views:	298
Size:	304.7 KB
ID:	18911
    [Savage Worlds] Loathsome Souls - Within these pages, you will find a collection of villains themed with supernatural and magical backgrounds. These chara

You say this is for SWADE, but I can see in the quick preview that none of these characters are under the SWADE rules, as they all still have Charisma modifiers. Also, even though one of them has the Athletics skill, two others have separate skills for Climbing and Throwing which is just... Odd. And I can see that it's not an issue with the preview displaying a different file version, as you've already gotten a negative review on DTRPG from a purchaser complaining about this. So... What gives? Hopefully this was just a honest mistake, maybe an outdated beta file was uploaded accidentally or something like that? If that's the case, you can take this message as just a friendly heads-up.
    Augusto Antunes
    Registered Member
    Last edited by Augusto Antunes; 03-12-2019, 04:45 AM.
    "Did I fire six shots, or only five? Three? Seven. Whatever." - Unkempt Harold

Comment

Originally posted by Augusto Antunes View Post
      You say this is for SWADE, but I can see in the quick preview that none of these characters are under the SWADE rules, as they all still have Charisma modifiers. Also, even though one of them has the Athletics skill, two others have separate skills for Climbing and Throwing which is just... Odd. And I can see that it's not an issue with the preview displaying a different file version, as you've already gotten a negative review on DTRPG from a purchaser complaining about this. So... What gives? Hopefully this was just a honest mistake, maybe an outdated beta file was uploaded accidentally or something like that? If that's the case, you can take this message as just a friendly heads-up.
      thanks for letting me know. I’ll check with the author.

Comment

Originally posted by Augusto Antunes View Post
      The author has let me know that he mistakenly sent me a previous draft for layout and not his final draft.

He's working on getting that to me and I'll forward it to layout ASAP.

Terribly sorry for this mistake. I'll take the product down for the time being and email all existing customers with this same note.

Comment

mikelaff
        Registered Member
        mikelaff do you post here again when its up. It was on my to-buy-list, but when I saw it wasn´t SWADE yet I waited. So I´ll buy it when its done.

Comment

Originally posted by Mogge View Post
          mikelaff
          Registered Member
          mikelaff do you post here again when its up. It was on my to-buy-list, but when I saw it wasn´t SWADE yet I waited. So I´ll buy it when its done.
          It is a cool product, for the record. I was the reviewer that
          Augusto Antunes
          Registered Member
          Augusto Antunes was talking about above. I gave it a negative review because it pretty clearly looked like a draft version that was vaguely in between SWD and SWADE rules, and because it didn't make it clear that it was for a Supers game. You can't really use villains built with the Supers rules in a non-Supers game, at least not without having a good chance of wiping the party.

Comment

• mikelaff
            mikelaff
            Registered Member
            mikelaff commented
            Editing a comment
            Understood. I've got the _actual_ final draft in hand - I'll be sending it to layout this weekend

Originally posted by SteelDraco View Post

It is a cool product, for the record. I was the reviewer that
          Augusto Antunes
          Registered Member
          Augusto Antunes was talking about above. I gave it a negative review because it pretty clearly looked like a draft version that was vaguely in between SWD and SWADE rules, and because it didn't make it clear that it was for a Supers game. You can't really use villains built with the Supers rules in a non-Supers game, at least not without having a good chance of wiping the party.
          We have now fixed the product.

In the new version, we have two sets of statblocks now.

The first one uses Savage Worlds Adventure Edition in conjunction with the Savage Worlds Super Powers Companion (2nd Ed).

The second uses only SWADE.

Sincere apologies for the first take on this product. As mentioned above, the author had accidentally sent us a "work-in-progress" draft instead of the finished product. This has been fixed now - and we've also added the second set of statblocks (also mentioned above) to ensure Loathsome Souls is fully compatible with SWADE - whether or not you want to use the SPC.

Comment

Working...
          X