Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Blackwing Productions] Heroes of Terra Kickstarter Coming in February!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Blackwing Productions] Heroes of Terra Kickstarter Coming in February!

Now that SWADE is out to the public, it's a good time to announce that the Kickstarter for Heroes of Terra: The Mushroom War will be coming to Kickstarter on Wednesday, February 13! Keep an eye out for it!

For those unfamiliar with our Heroes of Terra campaign setting, it can best be summed up as a world of floral sorcery and saurian savagery in the vein of John Carter of Mars meets Super Mario Brothers. The players take on roles as champions of the conquered Mandragoran Kingdom in its fight against the bloodthirsty kappa of the Dragon Empire in a world where humans are rare and mythical heroes!

The humanoid plant people of Lemuria and the turtle-like kappa have been at one another's throats for generations, but five years ago, a slathering horde of fungal berserkers poured out of the wilderness at the behest of the kappa's Dragon Emperor. The king of the peaceful mandragoran people was slain, and his daughter, the Peachblossom Princess, is thought to be held captive in one of the kingdom's eight great fortress-cities. A resistance against the kappa has grown, including former Mandrake Guardsmen, their quetzal mount-partners, monastic Acorn Warriors, and even renegade magitechnicians from the Dragon Empire's ranks. This fragile coalition is held together by a handful of human heroes, the only folk respected by all of the factions. Join the Peachblossom Resistance and restore peace to the kingdom!

The Heroes of Terra Jumpstart will be coming to SWADE backers in the next month or so, in plenty of time for people to decide if they want to join the KS campaign. If you can't wait that long, the Heroes of Terra Rough Cut Player's Guide is available on DTRPG for only $5!

We hope you'll support this Kickstarter to bring the Heroes of Terra setting to full-color life, including a Plot Point campaign, "Our Princess is in Another Castle"!
    Heroes of Terra Player's Guide (Rough Cut) - Welcome to Terra, a parallel world where magic lives and the dinosaurs never died out. Humans never evolved on Terra--in

Hopefully Nintendo won't come down on you like a ton of bricks.
    You're rational, sir. It's only us crazy people who get to swap out realities on a whim.

Comment

• blackwingedheaven
      blackwingedheaven commented
      Editing a comment
      Heh. If they haven't so far, they're not going to. And my work is definitely in the "loving homage" category rather than the "direct satire" category. Either way, I'm writing well within the limits of protected parody and derivative work.

• Sitting Duck
      Sitting Duck commented
      Editing a comment
      You're probably right. Still, though I'm not sure how it would work internationally, Japanese copyright law has a reputation for being far less forgiving of parodies than American copyright law.

We're at the halfway mark of the Kickstarter, so if you haven't checked it out yet, you should!

Heroes of Terra: The Mushroom War on Kickstarter

Comment

Jeremy was kind enough to sit down with me to talk about Heroes of Terra! Check out the interview:

Host of Veiled Fury Entertainment on Twitch and YouTube (Savage Worlds Interviews, DIY videos, Actual Plays, and more!)

My products on the Savage Worlds Adventurer's Guild: Veiled Fury Entertainment on DriveThruRPG

Comment

Some great info in that interview. I really hope the PPC gets funded.
        I have way too much time but do not always edit myself properly. Please do not take offense.

Comment

With less than a day to go, we're funded! Woohoo!

Comment

Working...
          X