[TLP/FA] Larger-than-human Aliens, Vechicles and other facilities

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [TLP/FA] Larger-than-human Aliens, Vechicles and other facilities

In The Last Parsec, Aurax and Yetis are both Size +2 creatures, which generally seems to align with a being somewhere between 7' and 9' from what I can infer. Fear Agent has some aliens that are Size +3. While not explicitly stated anywhere I can find, the rule of Common Sense would suggest that humanoid chairs and vehicle seats would be problematic. Even if Yeti size can be hand-waved as "wookie-ish" to sit in normal chairs, Aurax are centaur-like. Insectoids could be bipedal but certainly don't have to be limited as such. Fear Agent has some even weirder and unusual species.

I know it can be hand-waved away but that seems like an ineffective cop-out. I want at least a nod to realism or plausibility. My players really enjoy playing alien species. For Aurax, limiting them to vans, APCs, pickup trucks, etc. solves the problem for passengers, but if they want to pilot or drive do other GMs require vehicles that are built for the species?

Originally posted by BPExplorer View Post
    In The Last Parsec, Aurax and Yetis are both Size +2 creatures, which generally seems to align with a being somewhere between 7' and 9' from what I can infer. Fear Agent has some aliens that are Size +3. While not explicitly stated anywhere I can find, the rule of Common Sense would suggest that humanoid chairs and vehicle seats would be problematic. Even if Yeti size can be hand-waved as "wookie-ish" to sit in normal chairs, Aurax are centaur-like. Insectoids could be bipedal but certainly don't have to be limited as such. Fear Agent has some even weirder and unusual species.

I know it can be hand-waved away but that seems like an ineffective cop-out. I want at least a nod to realism or plausibility. My players really enjoy playing alien species. For Aurax, limiting them to vans, APCs, pickup trucks, etc. solves the problem for passengers, but if they want to pilot or drive do other GMs require vehicles that are built for the species?
    Per the Size Racial Ability in the Science Fiction Companion (necessary for The Last Parsec), "Large species may have difficulty using equipment designed for more traditional humanoids."

So yep, it's there in the rules, but it's really situational and up to the GM depending on the specific equipment and its use. If the question is one of how other GMs handle it, then that would require posting in one of the open topics.
    Clint Black
    Forum Admin & Rules Answer Guy
    Savage Worlds Brand Manager

Comment

Working...
    X