(Rippers Resurrected) Wound penalties, healing, and morphine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Rippers Resurrected) Wound penalties, healing, and morphine

Had this come up in game last night. If a character has a -3 wound penalty and is given injected morphine, they can ignore up to 2 points of wound penalties.

Does that also mitigate the penalty of a Healing skill or power check?

I ruled "No," since the morphine lets the recipient ignore wound penalties, but doesn't actually make the wound less severe for the purposes of healing.
    'But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked. 'Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here.'

The Order of the Dice... OF DOOM!

Originally posted by SavageErica View Post
    Had this come up in game last night. If a character has a -3 wound penalty and is given injected morphine, they can ignore up to 2 points of wound penalties.

Does that also mitigate the penalty of a Healing skill or power check?

I ruled "No," since the morphine lets the recipient ignore wound penalties, but doesn't actually make the wound less severe for the purposes of healing.
    Per Healing in the core rules <italics added>, "The healer must subtract the patient’s wound levels from his skill roll."

So the healing roll is affected by the patient's wound levels, not their wound penalties, so any effect which reduces wound penalties (morphine, Nerves of Steel, rippertech, etc.) has zero effect on the modifier to a healing roll on that character.

Hope that helps.
    Clint Black
    Forum Admin & Rules Answer Guy
    Savage Worlds Brand Manager

Comment

Working...
    X