Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unmodified and Modified 1s in regards to Grim Servant, Berserk, and Fan the Hammer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unmodified and Modified 1s in regards to Grim Servant, Berserk, and Fan the Hammer

Grim Servant, berserk, and fan the hammer all hit an ally on a 1 (in the case of fan the hammer, 1-2). In the case of Grim Servant, a roll of 1 on any attack hits a teammate. Is this a modified or unmodified 1? So if I am fanning the hammer or just happen to be shooting at a malus of -2 and I roll a 3, do I hit a teammate? Likewise for berserk.

Originally posted by Boomthorkel View Post
    Grim Servant, berserk, and fan the hammer all hit an ally on a 1 (in the case of fan the hammer, 1-2). In the case of Grim Servant, a roll of 1 on any attack hits a teammate. Is this a modified or unmodified 1? So if I am fanning the hammer or just happen to be shooting at a malus of -2 and I roll a 3, do I hit a teammate? Likewise for berserk.
    Modified results do not affect those. They apply when there is a 1 on "the die" or a 1 is the "die roll" (1 or 2 for Fan the Hammer), so it's the actual number on the die, not the modified result of the roll.

Note there are still some differences between those, specifically Innocent Bystander which kicks off for "Each miss." Meaning if the Wild Die result can turn the die with a 1 or 2 into a successful hit, then Innocent Bystander doesn't kick off. Of course, if more than one die comes up a 1 or 2, there's no way to avoid it (barring a reroll with a Benny).

Hope that helps.
    Clint Black
    Forum Admin & Rules Answer Guy
    Savage Worlds Brand Manager

Comment

Working...
    X