[PotSM] Kraken and Sea Serpent Pace vs Ships

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PotSM] Kraken and Sea Serpent Pace vs Ships

Hello. I'm running a Pirates of the Spanish Main game and was planning a encounter for my players involving a big sea monster. I see the stats for Krakens and Sea Serpents have their Pace listed as "-" and under "Special Abilities" they have "Aquatic: Pace 12".

While I understand how Pace works on the tabletop for creatures/characters normally, I am confused how those work with the PotSM's Ships, whose Acc/TS values seem to be for a larger scale of combat (ship vs ship).

Do I just have a Sea Serpent/Kraken use it's Aquatic Pace of 12 on the tabletop if in combat with a ship? This seemed a little high considering the fastest ship in the book has a Top Speed of 6. Would I do the same if bringing over, say, a Dragon's Flight pace from the Fantasy Companion?

I hope I didn't miss this answer already being in the rulebook. Thank you for your time!

Originally posted by PiratesWrath View Post
    Hello. I'm running a Pirates of the Spanish Main game and was planning a encounter for my players involving a big sea monster. I see the stats for Krakens and Sea Serpents have their Pace listed as "-" and under "Special Abilities" they have "Aquatic: Pace 12".

While I understand how Pace works on the tabletop for creatures/characters normally, I am confused how those work with the PotSM's Ships, whose Acc/TS values seem to be for a larger scale of combat (ship vs ship).

Do I just have a Sea Serpent/Kraken use it's Aquatic Pace of 12 on the tabletop if in combat with a ship? This seemed a little high considering the fastest ship in the book has a Top Speed of 6.
    Yep. That's why most ships don't survive contact with these creatures.
    Clint Black
    Forum Admin & Rules Answer Guy
    Savage Worlds Brand Manager

Comment

Working...
    X