X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50 Fathoms SWADE conversion

The relevant sections of the conversion document state:

P39 TYPICAL SAILOR: Add Athletics d6 and Persuasion d4
    Unless otherwise stated, intelligent beings have Common Knowledge and Persuasion at d6
    Humans typically have Athletics equal to their Agility and Common Knowledge equal to their Smarts.

In the book, "Typical Sailor" (p. 39) and "Sailor" (p. 199) have identical stats, so I would expect they would be descriping the same type of NPC.

Given this, I would expect both to have identical stats.

Is this correct?

Originally posted by Dire Weasel View Post
    The relevant sections of the conversion document state:

P39 TYPICAL SAILOR: Add Athletics d6 and Persuasion d4
    Unless otherwise stated, intelligent beings have Common Knowledge and Persuasion at d6
    Humans typically have Athletics equal to their Agility and Common Knowledge equal to their Smarts.

In the book, "Typical Sailor" (p. 39) and "Sailor" (p. 199) have identical stats, so I would expect they would be descriping the same type of NPC.

Given this, I would expect both to have identical stats.

Is this correct?
    They do have identical stats, and to be clear, they both have Persuasion at d4.

For reference, this text, "Unless otherwise stated, intelligent beings have Common Knowledge and Persuasion at d6
    Humans typically have Athletics equal to their Agility and Common Knowledge equal to their Smarts."

Gets superseded not only by the Typical Sailor notes but also on page 4 of the Conversion under Encounters where it gets more specific, "Humans typically have Athletics equal to their Agility and Common Knowledge equal to their Smarts. Extras have Persuasion at d4 unless they frequently interact with others (like merchants), or d6 or higher if they’re Wild Cards. Stealth is d4 for society types and equal to Agility for those who get their own hands dirty. Adjust any or all of these as makes sense for a characters’ role and profession."

The Typical Sailors and Sailors don't interact with others as much, so the Persuasion d4 would apply.

Hope that helps and clarifies.
    Clint Black
    Forum Admin & Rules Answer Guy
    Savage Worlds Brand Manager

Comment

Working...
    X