Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deadlands - Superior Kung Fu - Tan Tui

Two Questions,

Firstly, how does Tan Tui interact with Edges like Sweep and Frenzy?

Both Tan Tui and Sweep use the same language "Single Fighting attack", so my gut says the two would work together. However, while sending a whole group of enemies flying backwards is cinematically satisfying, it might be against the intent of the edge, so clarification would be great.

With Frenzy, the same language isn't used, so my gut says that one target could be knocked back, but not both - again, I'm seeking clarification.

Secondly, the "Jump Up" aspect of the edge doesn't state that the Athletics roll is a free action - does it therefore cause Multiple Action Penalty if that option is used?

Firstly, how does Tan Tui interact with Edges like Sweep and Frenzy?

Both Tan Tui and Sweep use the same language "Single Fighting attack", so my gut says the two would work together. However, while sending a whole group of enemies flying backwards is cinematically satisfying, it might be against the intent of the edge, so clarification would be great.

With Frenzy, the same language isn't used, so my gut says that one target could be knocked back, but not both - again, I'm seeking clarification.
    Frenzy also counts as a "single Fighting attack." You're just rolling an extra die and two of them can hit. So it works basically the same as Sweep, but can only hit the one additional target.

Secondly, the "Jump Up" aspect of the edge doesn't state that the Athletics roll is a free action - does it therefore cause Multiple Action Penalty if that option is used?
    It doesn't count as an action, but if you fail, you'd still use the 2" of movement.

Comment

Working...
    X