Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Confusing wording for Resilient and Very Resilient (p. 178)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confusing wording for Resilient and Very Resilient (p. 178)

In the Bestiary chapter's Special Abilities section, the description of Resilient/Very Resilient on p. 178 says:
    Resilient Extras can take one Wound before they’re Incapacitated, Very Resilient Extras can take two.
    Since normal Extras are also Incapacitated after one Wound, I'm not sure what effect Resilient has.

Here's how I suspect this is meant to work:
    • normal Extras are Incapacitated by their first Wound
    • Resilient Extras are Incapacitated by their second Wound
    • Very Resilient Extras are Incapacitated by their third Wound
    • Wild Cards are Incapacitated by their fourth Wound
    But that's not how I read the text. Should the description say "…can take one additional Wound before they're Incapacitated" or something similar? Am I the only one who struggles with reading comprehension for this Special Ability?
    “Self-discipline isn't everything; look at Pol Pot.”
    —Helen Fielding, Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason

Originally posted by ogodaikhan View Post
    In the Bestiary chapter's Special Abilities section, the description of Resilient/Very Resilient on p. 178 says:

Since normal Extras are also Incapacitated after one Wound, I'm not sure what effect Resilient has.

Here's how I suspect this is meant to work:
    • normal Extras are Incapacitated by their first Wound
    • Resilient Extras are Incapacitated by their second Wound
    • Very Resilient Extras are Incapacitated by their third Wound
    • Wild Cards are Incapacitated by their fourth Wound
    But that's not how I read the text. Should the description say "…can take one additional Wound before they're Incapacitated" or something similar? Am I the only one who struggles with reading comprehension for this Special Ability?
    It's similar to the text for Wild Cards where the unstated part is the italicized section here, "Wild Cards can take three Wounds and still function."

So, yep, you got it. Resilient NPCs can still function at one Wound (or one additional Wound if they get Wounds from another source like Scale) and Very Resilient at two Wounds.

Hope that helps.
    Clint Black
    Forum Admin & Rules Answer Guy
    Savage Worlds Brand Manager

Comment

Working...
    X