Support rolls and Mass Battles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Support rolls and Mass Battles

So, in a post I made about how in Mass Battles, PC's can quickly spiral into ineffectiveness due to getting Fatigued even on a Success, VallhallGH commented that he thought he recalled that any bonus or penalty that's being added to the "primary" PC being supported should be added to the supporter's rolls. But when he and I went looking, we could not find that in the rulebook.

Is this true of Support in general? How about just for Mass Battles?

As always, thanks for your time and support (pun unavoidable)!
    Savage Summaries-RAW, with added info from Clint:Combat Actions,Cover,Healing,Using Powers,Grappling,Chases (all SWD)
    Also:Persuasion (SWADE),Better Bosses (SWADE),Handling Illusions (SWADE), Better Combat Rating (system independent)
    And:historical tech levels,generic SW sci-fi tech levels (both system indepdent)

Originally posted by ZenFox42 View Post
    So, in a post I made about how in Mass Battles, PC's can quickly spiral into ineffectiveness due to getting Fatigued even on a Success, VallhallGH commented that he thought he recalled that any bonus or penalty that's being added to the "primary" PC being supported should be added to the supporter's rolls. But when he and I went looking, we could not find that in the rulebook.

Is this true of Support in general? How about just for Mass Battles?
    Nope and nope. I believe he is thinking of the Before-Times in the Long, Long Ago.

Now, situational modifiers of course could apply, and the Mass Battle modifiers are pretty much situational. So if the players planned Support meshes with one or more of those situations in some way, then they might get a bonus for that.

Hope that helps.
    Clint Black
    Forum Admin & Rules Answer Guy
    Savage Worlds Brand Manager

Comment

Working...
    X