Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conceal Arcana & combining modifiers

Greetings,

The conceal arcana power can benefit from both Additional Recipients and Area of Effect. These modifiers don't seem to be mutually exclusive, so how do they interact?

My reading is that the AE modifier is static (covers only the area designated and items lose concealment if moved away), while the Additional Recipients mod targets items and therefore inherently has a "mobile" allowance. However, can both modifiers be combined to drop two or more static Blast Templates?

Thank You!

Originally posted by Deskepticon View Post
    The conceal arcana power can benefit from both Additional Recipients and Area of Effect. These modifiers don't seem to be mutually exclusive, so how do they interact?

My reading is that the AE modifier is static (covers only the area designated and items lose concealment if moved away), while the Additional Recipients mod targets items and therefore inherently has a "mobile" allowance. However, can both modifiers be combined to drop two or more static Blast Templates?
    They would be... semi-exclusive, I guess.

Conceal affects one being/item (of Normal scale). Additional recipients specifically allows affecting an additional item. Area Effect changes the base effect to conceal everything in an area, but it does not innately change the effect of Additional Recipients from additional items to additional areas.

All of this is predicated on GM approval, but a character might use Area Effect and Additional Recipients together in order to conceal an area and affect one or more individual targets who could leave the area and remain concealed. But affecting multiple areas would require multiple castings.

Hope that helps.
    Clint Black
    Forum Admin & Rules Answer Guy
    Savage Worlds Brand Manager

Comment

Working...
    X