Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many rolls on the Critical Hit table in Chases?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many rolls on the Critical Hit table in Chases?

On page 117 of SWADE, for damage to vehicles, it says:
    "Each raise on a vehicular damage roll causes a Wound and one roll on the Vehicle Critical Hits table (not one roll per Wound)."(emphasis mine)

I don't understand the distinction here. Each raise causes a Wound. And each raise causes a roll on the Vehicle Critical Hits table. How is that different from "one roll per Wound"?
    If a damage roll gets 3 Raises over the vehicle's Toughness, the vehicle takes 3 Wounds and rolls 3 times on the Vehicle Critical Hit table, correct?

Originally posted by shockvalue View Post
    On page 117 of SWADE, for damage to vehicles, it says:
    "Each raise on a vehicular damage roll causes a Wound and one roll on the Vehicle Critical Hits table (not one roll per Wound)."(emphasis mine)

I don't understand the distinction here. Each raise causes a Wound. And each raise causes a roll on the Vehicle Critical Hits table. How is that different from "one roll per Wound"?
    If a damage roll gets 3 Raises over the vehicle's Toughness, the vehicle takes 3 Wounds and rolls 3 times on the Vehicle Critical Hit table, correct?
    Nope (though I understand the confusion, and we'll try to clear it up).

Each raise on a damage roll causes a Wound on a vehicle. If a damage roll causes one or more Wounds, then that's one roll on the Critical Hit table (regardless of the number of Wounds caused).

So if a damage roll got 3 Raises, then that's 3 Wounds and one roll on the Critical Hit table.

Or to put it another way, it's one roll on the Critical Hit table per attack if it does one or more Wounds.

Hope that helps and clarifies!
    Clint Black
    Forum Admin & Rules Answer Guy
    Savage Worlds Brand Manager

Comment

Working...
    X