Teleport range

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teleport range

At our table this evening we were in disagreement on the Teleport spell range. The book states the Range is Smarts so I stated whatever their Smarts was is the range of the spell, but their argument is in the description it states they can teleport up to 12”. I tried to explain if their Smarts was a 12 they could but if their Smarts was an 8 then their range would only be 8. Am I incorrect in my interpreting of the power?

Originally posted by trentonlf View Post
    At our table this evening we were in disagreement on the Teleport spell range. The book states the Range is Smarts so I stated whatever their Smarts was is the range of the spell, but their argument is in the description it states they can teleport up to 12”. I tried to explain if their Smarts was a 12 they could but if their Smarts was an 8 then their range would only be 8. Am I incorrect in my interpreting of the power?
    Afraid so. Range is the maximum distance for a power's effect to occur. In the case of Teleport, that's the maximum distance from the caster to the target who is being teleported. And per Range <italics added>, "Unless the power says otherwise, Range has no effect after the power is activated."

So, the target teleported must be in Range, but after activation, they travel 12" (or 24" with a raise).

Hope that helps.
    Clint Black
    Forum Admin & Rules Answer Guy
    Savage Worlds Brand Manager

Comment

Working...
    X