Can the Wealth Dice Ace?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can the Wealth Dice Ace?

The SWADE Rules make it clear on pg 88 that Attribute, Skill and damage rolls can ace:
    "All Trait and damage rolls in Savage Worlds are open-ended."

When explaining the Wealth dice on pg 145 however, this qualifier is provided:
    "This isn’t a Trait, but acts like one—players may spend Bennies when checking it, get their Wild Die, and benefit from allies’ Support."

Rolls that are not trait or damage rolls are far and few between in Savage Worlds and are usually rolls such as fear and wound table rolls. The only dice I can think of that isn't a trait roll, but acts a bit like one is the Running Dice. The Running dice however, as stated on pg 92 does not ace;
    "Running dice never Ace."
    So does the "acts like one" text for Wealth mean that like the Running dice it's can be rolled with a wild dice and have bennys spent on it, but also cannot ace?

I realize the Wealth system is optional and there'll be some GM fiat with it, but Wealth can be a rather important element in some settings. If SWADE play testing showed that it's best not to allow the Wealth dice to ace, then that's how I want to handle it.

Originally posted by kronovan View Post
    The SWADE Rules make it clear on pg 88 that Attribute, Skill and damage rolls can ace:
    "All Trait and damage rolls in Savage Worlds are open-ended."

When explaining the Wealth dice on pg 145 however, this qualifier is provided:
    "This isn’t a Trait, but acts like one—players may spend Bennies when checking it, get their Wild Die, and benefit from allies’ Support."

Rolls that are not trait or damage rolls are far and few between in Savage Worlds and are usually rolls such as fear and wound table rolls. The only dice I can think of that isn't a trait roll, but acts a bit like one is the Running Dice. The Running dice however, as stated on pg 92 does not ace;
    "Running dice never Ace."
    So does the "acts like one" text for Wealth mean that like the Running dice it's can be rolled with a wild dice and have bennys spent on it, but also cannot ace?
    Hate to burst any bubbles here, but the Running die does not get a Wild Die and Bennies cannot be spent to reroll it. It's not a Trait (or damage) roll at all, so none of those rules apply to it.

Originally posted by kronovan View Post
    I realize the Wealth system is optional and there'll be some GM fiat with it, but Wealth can be a rather important element in some settings. If SWADE play testing showed that it's best not to allow the Wealth dice to ace, then that's how I want to handle it.
    The Wealth die does act as a Trait die in all ways, so it can also Ace.

Hope that helps.
    Clint Black
    Forum Admin & Rules Answer Guy
    Savage Worlds Brand Manager

Comment

Working...
    X