Selective Damage Field and Other Power Modifier Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selective Damage Field and Other Power Modifier Questions

If you make your damage field selective (using the selective modifier), do you have to choose which specific individuals it will hurt/not hurt at the time of casting? For example, could you pick to only hurt your enemies and thus later not accidently hurt an ally who wasn't present when you first cast the power (e.g., a summoned creature)?

With smite, can you use the fatigue modifier to fatigue enemies struck by the enhanced weapons?

If you cast smite on someone's fists, can you hurry them but hinder targets struck by their fists?

I had a question related to a non-lethal modifier that I thought I saw in the core rules, but that doesn't seem to actually exist. Is it possible to use spells like blast nonlethally?

[QUOTE=NoJuice;n53401]If you make your damage field selective (using the selective modifier), do you have to choose which specific individuals it will hurt/not hurt at the time of casting? For example, could you pick to only hurt your enemies and thus later not accidently hurt an ally who wasn't present when you first cast the power (e.g., a summoned creature)?

Per Selective, "the caster can choose not to affect any or all individual targets." It's choose not "designate beforehand," so yep for Damage Field, they could choose not to affect someone at a later time or choose to affect someone if they wanted.

Originally posted by NoJuice View Post
    With smite, can you use the fatigue modifier to fatigue enemies struck by the enhanced weapons?
    A GM might allow it, but Smite doesn't "cause damage," it increases the damage of a weapon. If the GM allowed it, I would suggest they consider the weapon attack an "instant" effect like any other attack power, so the Fatigue would only last until the end of the target's next turn (not for the duration of Smite).

If you cast smite on someone's fists, can you hurry them but hinder targets struck by their fists?
    Nope. Hurry/Hinder affects the target of the power, it's not transitive, affecting targets of that target.

I had a question related to a non-lethal modifier that I thought I saw in the core rules, but that doesn't seem to actually exist. Is it possible to use spells like blast nonlethally?
    Unless the trappings of the power made the damage always nonlethal I would say no, in the same way a character can't do nonlethal damage with a grenade. That said, a GM might allow it with the use of a Benny and some creative thought on the player's part.
    Clint Black
    Forum Admin & Rules Answer Guy
    Savage Worlds Brand Manager

Comment

Working...
    X