Dodge vs Pistol in Melee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dodge vs Pistol in Melee

In my session last night, a mook used a pistol in melee against a character. The character has the Dodge Edge.

The hero can anticipate attacks or move erratically under fire. Unless the victim of a surprise attack and taken completely unaware, Dodge subtracts 2 from all ranged attacks made against the character. Dodge does not stack with actual cover, however.

The player says he gets the benefit of dodge because it's a ranged attack. I'm not so sure I classify it as a ranged attack since he's in melee.

Thanks.

Josh

Originally posted by jcayer View Post
    In my session last night, a mook used a pistol in melee against a character. The character has the Dodge Edge.

The hero can anticipate attacks or move erratically under fire. Unless the victim of a surprise attack and taken completely unaware, Dodge subtracts 2 from all ranged attacks made against the character. Dodge does not stack with actual cover, however.

The player says he gets the benefit of dodge because it's a ranged attack. I'm not so sure I classify it as a ranged attack since he's in melee.
    Melee Attacks are defined as attacks where "The Target Number to hit an opponent is equal to the opponent’s Parry score."

Even if using a "ranged" weapon, if the TN is the target's Parry, it falls under "melee attacks" not ranged ones.

So, the character would benefit from the Parry bonus from Block or a spear for instance but not Didge I'm afraid.

Hope that helps.
    Clint Black
    Forum Admin & Rules Answer Guy
    Savage Worlds Brand Manager

Comment

Working...
    X