Multi functional Trademark Weapons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multi functional Trademark Weapons

Ok I did do a search and never really found any official answer or un-official ones for that matter.

Trademark weapon says it adds a +1 to Fighting,Shooting "or" Throwing "and" +1 to parry.

So my question is what about a weapon that can be used in multiple ways. If I have say a Throwing Axe. I can use it to do hand to hand combat as well as throw it. Does that +1 from trademark weapon apply to both uses of that weapon.

Or say in a certain setting I have a laser sword that is used for melee but can deflect laser blasts back using "shooting" to redirect the shot at a nearby target. Would the +1 from Trademark weapon apply to both uses of said weapon.

On top of that if it does apply and someone has two such weapons and has trademark weapon for each one. Does that +1 apply from both weapons to all uses. So the Axe or lasersword would get +2 for all uses it can be used for.

Or does the person have to select the individual use at time of taking the edge and apply it to said weapon,

Meaning they would need to take Trademark weapon twice for a multi-functional weapon??

Originally posted by Brandel Valico View Post
    Ok I did do a search and never really found any official answer or un-official ones for that matter.

Trademark weapon says it adds a +1 to Fighting,Shooting "or" Throwing "and" +1 to parry.

So my question is what about a weapon that can be used in multiple ways. If I have say a Throwing Axe. I can use it to do hand to hand combat as well as throw it. Does that +1 from trademark weapon apply to both uses of that weapon.
    As long as the character is using that specific weapon to perform the Fighting, Athletics (Throwing), or Shooting action, they get the bonus.

Or say in a certain setting I have a laser sword that is used for melee but can deflect laser blasts back using "shooting" to redirect the shot at a nearby target. Would the +1 from Trademark weapon apply to both uses of said weapon.
    Sorry, not stepping into the Setting Rules arena.

That said, another example might be a pistol. The character can of course use Shooting with it, but they could also use it as an Improvised Weapon for Fighting or even Athletics (Throwing)

Regardless of the use, if a character has Trademark Weapon with that weapon, then they get the bonus to those rolls when using it.

[I think we have to presume all the gangsters in the B&W Superman show had TW pistol given how they always threw it at him after firing all their bullets.]

On top of that if it does apply and someone has two such weapons and has trademark weapon for each one. Does that +1 apply from both weapons to all uses. So the Axe or lasersword would get +2 for all uses it can be used for.
    +2? Nope. They would get the +1 to each when using that specific weapons, they don't get a +1 to all of those rolls just because they have such weapons readied. The bonus only applies to rolls using that specific weapon.

Or does the person have to select the individual use at time of taking the edge and apply it to said weapon,

Meaning they would need to take Trademark weapon twice for a multi-functional weapon??
    Just once for the bonus to rolls using that specific weapon.

Hope that helps and clarifies!

Clint Black
    Forum Admin & Rules Answer Guy
    Savage Worlds Brand Manager

Comment

Working...
    X