Spending a Bennie to reroll Multi-action attacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spending a Bennie to reroll Multi-action attacks

If this has been answered already my search skills failed to find it.

If a character makes two or three attacks using Multi-Action and spends a bennie to reroll do they reroll all of their attacks or just one? My GM says they just get to reroll one of their attacks.

However, this would seem to bring up the situation where a character could makes two attacks, hit with one and then spend a bennie to reroll just the missed attack.

Originally posted by Cendragon View Post
    If this has been answered already my search skills failed to find it.

If a character makes two or three attacks using Multi-Action and spends a bennie to reroll do they reroll all of their attacks or just one? My GM says they just get to reroll one of their attacks.

However, this would seem to bring up the situation where a character could makes two attacks, hit with one and then spend a bennie to reroll just the missed attack.
    Per Bennies, "Bennies grant a hero a reroll on any Trait." So for any one Trait roll, a character can spend a Benny and reroll that one roll.

Since multiple actions (requiring rolls such as attacks) are always separate Trait rolls, a character spending a Benny could only reroll one of those Trait rolls.

Do note, that each action is resolved separately. So if a character makes 2 attacks as multiple actions (with the –2 penalty to both of course), the player rolls and resolves the first one entirely, deciding immediately after rolling the Trait if they want to spend a Benny to reroll (or spend a Benny to reroll damage). They won't know the result of the other Trait roll until after making those decisions.

Now, there are cases where multiple attacks are handled by a single Trait roll such as with the Frenzy Edge or any weapon using a ROF of 2+. Even though multiple Trait dice are rolled, it's still a single Trait roll. An easy way to think of it is as one Trait roll per action. Regardless of the number of dice, if it's a single action (with a single Wild Die for Wild Cards), then spending one Benny means rerolling all of the dice and keeping the best of each set of rolls.

Hope that helps!
    Clint Black
    Forum Admin & Rules Answer Guy
    Savage Worlds Brand Manager

Comment

Working...
    X