Healer and magical healing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Healer and magical healing

The Healer Edge works with all Healing rolls, whether natural or magical in nature. I know at the very least, the Healing Power counts for the purpose of this Edge. But what about other powers that could be considered a form of healing? In the core rulebook Relief and Resurrection come to mind. For a healer character of mine, I consider Relief to be part of my healing abilities, but I am uncertain whether the Healer Edge is intended to work on it. And would it work on custom or setting specific Powers that could be considered a form of healing?

As a far stretch, what if a character were to have a magic item that heals in a peculiar way. Let's say a magic healing gun that can heal a target with a Shooting roll. Would the Healer Edge apply in such circumstances?

Originally posted by Lord Stone View Post
    The Healer Edge works with all Healing rolls, whether natural or magical in nature. I know at the very least, the Healing Power counts for the purpose of this Edge. But what about other powers that could be considered a form of healing? In the core rulebook Relief and Resurrection come to mind. For a healer character of mine, I consider Relief to be part of my healing abilities, but I am uncertain whether the Healer Edge is intended to work on it.
    The Relief power is not specifically "Healing." The ability to nourish a person (negate Fatigue from starvation) or remove a Shaken condition from any non-damaging effect doesn't "heal" them.

While not "official," a GM might allow the Edge to apply if the Aspect Limitation was stretched a bit so Relief could only apply to effects due to physical damage of some type.

The Edge would apply to Resurrection which does effectively heal damage (removing that most permanent of Incapacitation effects, death, and even 3 Wounds with a raise). As the power says <italics added>, "Once done, the healer makes a casting roll at −8."

Originally posted by Lord Stone View Post
    And would it work on custom or setting specific Powers that could be considered a form of healing?

As a far stretch, what if a character were to have a magic item that heals in a peculiar way. Let's say a magic healing gun that can heal a target with a Shooting roll. Would the Healer Edge apply in such circumstances?
    Sorry, but by their very definition, those questions don't fall under how any particular rule in the book works and thus are outside the posted criteria for this topic. That said, an effect which is "custom or setting specific" should by its own design determine whether the Edge applies.

Hope that helps.
    Clint Black
    Forum Admin & Rules Answer Guy
    Savage Worlds Brand Manager

Comment

Working...
    X