Weird Science follow-up question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird Science follow-up question

After doing further reading, I also came to the conclusion that I was looking for the Artificer edge. So, with that Edge, a weird scientist can make an object and imbue it with power points. If I'm reading it correctly, those power points are permanently associated with that device until it is either used up or broken. Is this correct? If so, can he reimbue the item to restore those Power Points so the device can continue to be used? Finally, it says the weird scientist can get the power points back if they are used up, or if the item is destroyed, or if he tinkers with it to retrieve the power points. What if the item is lost? Not destroyed, but just permanently out of reach?

Originally posted by Tom B View Post
    After doing further reading, I also came to the conclusion that I was looking for the Artificer edge. So, with that Edge, a weird scientist can make an object and imbue it with power points. If I'm reading it correctly, those power points are permanently associated with that device until it is either used up or broken. Is this correct? If so, can he reimbue the item to restore those Power Points so the device can continue to be used?
    Yes, but only by going through the whole process. The physical item isn't destroyed when it's used up, but the Artificer doesn't have any special connection to the item either (other than those PP).

Finally, it says the weird scientist can get the power points back if they are used up, or if the item is destroyed, or if he tinkers with it to retrieve the power points. What if the item is lost? Not destroyed, but just permanently out of reach?
    Sounds like an adventure! This needs to be worked out with your GM, but there's no expiration date in the rules. Hence the statement: "She must be in physical contact with the item to do so. Inventors should lend out their devices very carefully!"

Comment

Working...
    X