Tests time limitation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tests time limitation

So I was reading about tests and how it encourages to be creative. I've often seen the example of throwing sand in the eyes and that one makes sense. But, I've been listening tot the official PEG Show podcast and another Savage Worlds podcasts (forget the name) and there have been a few episodes of them using the example of a character using the healing skill as a test. The idea is she explains in a medical sense, all the bad things that would happen (i.e. infection causing something more serious etc). if they didn't get to do something. But, considering a combat round is 6 seconds and an average party of 3-4 players and 3-5 NPCs, each characters action won't last much more than one second. Before the character can say a couple of words, the enemy is going to be try to take their head off. There is no time to do a long explanation. That's why I don't think using skills like persuasion, healing, or anything that requires saying a bunch of words make any sense because there is just no time for that.

Sorry for the long winded question but I wanted to get the official take on this. At what point does the GM say, sorry - as creative as that sounds there is just no time to do that test in one action.

The idea is she explains in a medical sense, all the bad things that would happen (i.e. infection causing something more serious etc). if they didn't get to do something.
    I'm pretty sure this is a Support roll. It was my wife that performed it!

In any case, the GM needs to adjudicate if there's enough time, in their mind for ANY action to occur, tests included.

Comment

Working...
    X